Private Reg's

Currently reading:
Private Reg's

Re: Private number plates

I'm after H311 CAT for Rob but it's gone :(

The Negotiator said:
Alloys make your car look nice, lowering can make it look nice and may also improve handling, tinting your windows can improve the look as can debadging, adding a new exhaust may increase the power. A turbo can completely change your car, as can sat nav/CD system.

Exactly what does a personalised number plate do?

Tell everyone that cars yours. Or if its a BUG plate adds to the cars look :p

black_cinq said:
Tell everyone that cars yours. Or if its a BUG plate adds to the cars look :p

I reckon most people know if they see you going to it, if you can't remember it's yours, write it down on a bit of paper ;)

They have no function or use, hence I don't like them, just says to me "more money than sense"

The Negotiator said:
I reckon most people know if they see you going to it, if you can't remember it's yours, write it down on a bit of paper ;)

They have no function or use, hence I don't like them, just says to me "more money than sense"

Its only like putting graphics on your car...

You could sell a private plate for what you bought it for, most times even more than you bought it for. There arent many cars that applies to.

But because you can invest thousands in a plate and get thousands back, it's not really selling the idea to me. Those thousands would have made you a nice bit of interest even in a basic savings account.

i wouldnt get a private plate unless i could keep it for a long time. I doubt I'd get a BUG plate unless i knew i'd buy another bug.

I'd have one with my name on though :)

private plates are good. i am hoping to get an irish one for xmas DAZ**** or something. the only thing wrong with private plates is the £80 retention fee you have to pay everytime you change your vehicle, and i change my vehicle alot :p

Luke.... said:
because we live in a democracy...that why we shafted the germans!

but normally people drive or have an interest in them to come here. MOST members actually drive a fiat or have at least owned one in their life.

Chat to you soon, I'm off to join the Skoda forum....

serin said:
Why are you on a FIAT forum when you drive a golf..........in drag :D

Because i thought people loved me too much to make me leave :cry: I'll go back the Bug forum.

Atleast i owned a fiat!

Back