Styling Prancing Horse Panda Wing badges

Currently reading:
Styling Prancing Horse Panda Wing badges

From redbubble.com for about £1.50

Attachments

• Prancing Panda.jpg
    Prancing Panda.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 210
Does the seller have the rights to this image?

Redbubble is a site set up to promote work of often young and impoverished designers. If your thinking of Ferarri's feelings, I have to say I am wholly unconcerned for them whichever way. If a prancing animal on a yellow back ground offends them ........

It's not a prancing horse anyway, its a pirouetting panda, nothing like the same thing. He He!!

Have put them on 2 cars, but dare'nt put them on Ruby the wife's car as I think she would complain. The Panda appears to be giving the finger too! Love it

Does the seller have the rights to this image?

Ah, fascinating issue! One of my former colleagues is an expert on the parody exception to copyright infringement. I'll enjoy running this one past her.

I know (from reading her book) that there's no express parody exception under EU law in respect of trade marks (interestingly, there is in the US, hence the parodies of the McD's arches, etc), but the EU Trade Mark Directive 2015 says:

"Use of a trade mark by third parties for the purpose of artistic expression should be considered as being fair as long as it is at the same time in accordance with honest practices in industrial and commercial matters." (Recital 27).

So, a parody of a trade mark that denigrates or damages that trade mark would presumably not be permitted, but one that doesn't devalue or undermine it (as is the case, arguably, with this one) might well be OK legally.

Tempted to get one for my Panda, but it wouldn't stand out because yellow!!!

Last edited:
Well if Ferrari can do it.

I have a mate who owns a 458. He paid £800 for his wing badges. I think that could be each as he was a bit vague..... His alloys were £12,000 which is more or less what my new Panda 4x4 with a pile of extras cost me! Having been out in the Ferrari I can say unequivocally the Panda is the better car in 95% of circumstances. Its a beautiful thing though.

I have a mate who owns a 458. He paid £800 for his wing badges. I think that could be each as he was a bit vague..... His alloys were £12,000 which is more or less what my new Panda 4x4 with a pile of extras cost me! Having been out in the Ferrari I can say unequivocally the Panda is the better car in 95% of circumstances. Its a beautiful thing though.

My dentist had a F430 which I helped to pay for. :mad:

My dentist had a F430 which I helped to pay for. :mad:

The first time I realised just what a licence to make money being a dentist is, was when my old mum's dentist in Cardiff, 40-odd years ago, pitched up in a new Porsche (not a 924 either)

Bloody lousy dentist he was, too.

Last edited:
Back