Technical power steering problem

Currently reading:
Technical power steering problem

paddyray

hi the power steering on my marea jtd105 only works when reving engine fairly hard dosent work when just ticking over also the tempreture gauge sometimes goes up to hot but when i check the engine its not overheating its recently had a full service and its a 1 owner car anybody got any ideas thanks paddyray

power steering oil has plenty in but its a unusual colour this is quite an old car i just got it its an 01 model the peaple i bought it off have had it from new its had new clutch timing belt etc and its done just over 100,000 miles i was wondering if thairs anyway i can get the old p-steering oil out and replace it wid new stuff i also still have my old marea its the same model but 1 year older and drives spot on but its done twice the milage thanks for ideas paddyray

Hmm, if reving is getting the pas to work then it must be the aux belt, either that or something with the pas pump isn't functioning correctly anymore, and i dont think the PAS relies on much electric if any at all (Alternator issue?).

PAS fluid flush, disconnect hoses and try and drain as much of it as you can i guess, not sure if it would be worth trying to push air through it, but you could try a cheap fluid flush and then a decennt/average flush?

Last edited:
thanks for info have decided to put new auxilary belt on if no better will drain power steering fluid and refil with new p=oil i think you have to take power steering hoses off and put them in jar with new p=oil when they are flushed so no air gets in them(y)

Back