Post Your FIAT Complaints Here!

Currently reading:
Post Your FIAT Complaints Here!

The warranty on parts replaced within the warranty period does end when the warranty expires. Had it been replaced outside of warranty (or had you paid for it), you would have the normal 12 month's parts/labour guarantee from the Dealer. It's not the Dealer's policy, it's Fiat's/3rd Year warranty company's policy.

cluster instrument complaint

TO,
ASST GENERAL MANAGER
FIAT INDIA PVT LTD

FROM
SHIBU MATHEW
K.P-11/521/1,MANGALATH
SREE NAGAR ,N.C.C ROAD
PEROORKADA,TVM-695005
KERALA
Ph-09249456780

Sir
I am very proud to have a Fiat palio stile SLE which was purchased from kulathungal motors (TVM) on 30-06-09.The extended warranty of the vehicle will be expired on 29-06-2010.The vehicle has been handed over to the kulathungal motors on 11.11.09 for servicing including the replacement of instruments cluster(instrument panel ) but to my surprise ,the vehicle has been returned to me without replacement of the instrument cluster.On enquiry, I have been advised come with the vehicle for replacement after one week.After one week I have produced the vehicle.But the same has not been replaced for want of stock.After that they are not contacted me.Since then five or six times I have contacted them but no positive reply has been received from them.this is too bad experience to me.Please see that I am using another two four wheelers( Swift DZire & Ritz) also.I am not experiencing any difficulty in services of that vehicles.
Now one month has been elapsed after registering the complaint. I request you to please ensure that the replacement of the instrument cluster is done urgent otherwise I may be forced to take proceed further.

17-12-2009 With regards yours sincerely
Trivandrum Shibu Mathew

My name is Lauren Bell and I head up the Customer Relations Team here at Fiat Auto UK.

Having read some of your inserts, I was most concerned to read personal comments relating to one particular Team Member.

May I take this opportunity to assure customers that all members of the Team are highly trained and well recruited individuals. We appreciate customers' needs and should any of you have received insufficient advice or customer service in general, I would ask that you contact me directly in order to discuss this.

However, may I also remind you that the Team regularly visit the Forum, for training purposes, and some of the comments read today, were unfortunately not received constructively.

I am pleased that the Fiat Forum is being used for customers to discuss their comments, however I would ask that at all times discretion is a priority.

Many thanks

Lauren

LOOK!

FIAT representatives visited once in 2004 and haven't ever posted anything since..........

SG Petch on McMullan road in Darlington Sucks big time. Certainly not an establishment that should bear the Fiat name.

Maybe they'll read this and stick a boot up their a** or then again maybe not. Only thing I got when I complained to fiat UK directly was an sympathetic apology. Sorry but that doesn't pay the £500 (£1300 if I let them incompetent overcharging muppets do it) im out of pocket for a new gearbox and fitting due to the service manage being a lazy idiot and being "too busy" to diagnose it in the last two weeks of the warranty it had left.

Then went on to blame it breaking on my alloys. Which were 15" Mk2a Sporting alloys sprayed black. Yes im sure the weight of the paint must have tipped the stress on the diff over the edge.....

He was obviously too stupid to realise they were fiat alloys even though he works in a fiat dealer.

/Rant

boy does that feel better :). This is certainly going to be my last fiat.

My complaint with Fiat is:

I paid a £750 deposit before finance was even accepted, i found this somewhat abnormal. When the finance quote came back it was not what i wanted and the dealer did do there best to try and appeal against descision but they managed to get a better deal but it was still over my budget.

I then said i will decline offer and have Full refund back as i clearly stated that i want full refund subject to finance quote which the manager and sales person was happy to do and stated on my receipt etc.

When i declined i have been pushed from pillar to post past few days, eventually i got to speak to the sales person who dealt with me all along after many excuses. I asked if i could go up to put my card in the machine so they could refund me my deposit, they told me there chip and pin does not support this althou everywhere i have had refunds even the small companies support this, so i am still waiting for my deposit. Hopefully i will get it Monday or Tuesday, if not i will be seeking legal advice as Wessex Garages i feel has let me down and there service has been poor. I was told my refund would be immediately refunded back yet i have to wait and have waited for past 4 days so far. I know this is not directly Fiat but with Wessex Garages but it still not good enough, £750 is allot of money for me like it is for many others so to be told i have to wait when i was told it would immediately be refunded and have sales people on the phone fob me off a few times it makes me somewhat angry and upset.

I bought a second hand 2008 Fiat Panda 1.2 Dynamic from a non fiat dealer and service was superior, they are only a small company but are on the way up and our local radio has recommended them for many years, i paid a £200 deposit and the day after i put my card back in machine when picking car up and was given a receipt to say it has been refunded and next day it appeared refunded back into my account. Yet Wessex Garages which is a much richer and larger company does not support such refund procedure and i still am doubting if i will get a full refund, i was told i would get full amount back with no charges 110% exact words the sales person said to me and my friend who came with me.

But overall for example today i was unsure and did not fully understand the warranty, so i phoned Fiat and they said they could not help me which i thought was a joke so i went to Griffin Mill who was helpful and the receptionist explained everything i was unsure about so came out much happier and relaxed with a good understanding.

I have a little problem with my driver side window washer jet, not sure if it is misaligned as it is not blocked as i looked. For something so small i have to wait until 17th April until they can fix it for me, i know most people could do it themselves but i am a car noob and don't want to touch anything and mess it up, 7 weeks wait for something so minor which would probably take them minutes to sort out.

So overall Wessex Garages before and after sales / customer service is poor, still waiting a refund... and dissapointed i have to wait 7 weeks to get something so small fixed.

Last edited:
Just goes to show that one person can have a good experience whilst another a bad one at the same dealership, dealing with the same staff...

...The most helpfull dealer (for sales) I have been to recently was Wessex Cardiff...

...So overall Wessex Garages before and after sales / customer service is poor...

Sorry to read that you have been having problems Mat. PM me your details, who you have spoken to and at which site (I'm assuming Cardiff as you have mentioned Griffin Mill, but I could be wrong) and I'll look into it for you on Monday morning and see if I can speed things up.

Hi Scrogg,

Are you a manager there or something?

I have PMed you.

Thanks,
Mathew

EDIT:

I sent you a PM about my refund not sure if that what you meant aswell but as i did not want to deal with Wessex Garages after the experience i had i went 2 extra miles out of my way and Went to Griffin Mill at the following address: Upper Boat, Pontypridd, CF37 5YE - They was great but 17th April i find is just a long time to wait.

I told the receptionist at Griffin Mill the wiper jet needs checking as the driver side is not squirting on window infact barely touches the window, thats when the receptionist booked me in but since then as at that time i only owned the car for less than 24 hours i want my indicator arm checking as i feel it is cancelling on its own allot when it should not, also i want my car to be checked to see if it has ever been in a recall and if so was the work that may have been required was undertaken, as being second owner i don't know that. I notice some people has complained about indicator arm cancelling and Fiat modified the indicator arm or something to stop the problem happening.

Thanks for taking your time to reply to help.

Thanks
Mathew

Last edited:
I got a brand new fiat500 1.2 lounge in nova white in may2011......Since then ive had to have:
New front washer jets
Front chrome strips
Back chrome bar
Heater fan at the front-was making a squeaky noice
Stop/start update- waiting 6 MONTHS from buying the car to get this.
Grantham stoneacre fiat were very helpful when buying the car but they got the money and then didnt want to know. I have now been to lincoln stoneacre and would rather travel a bit further and get better service and polite staff who dont make you feel like you doing wrong for complaining about problems with a brand new car. I now dont recomend fiats because of all the problems ive had.

I see your point but I don't think TC was trying to be racist in any way - I think we can accept he was reffering to this man's attitude rather than that of all Pakistanis.

"The new rules are very simple, the FIA will keep them to themselves until such a time as Ferrari needs them" Patrick Head

http://www.geocities.com/drpepperdionysus

A non racist way of addressing the issue would be to simply point out that the person had a bad attitude.

No sympathy here, either. (n)

Sounds like this chap is one of those 'Customer's' who kicks and screams if he doesn't get his own way and lodges a ridiculous complaint I've set foot in the Canterbury dealership couple of times and despite a long winded wait at the desk the people were very helpful and sorted my issue out and haggled down the price with me.

So thumbs up from me to the Dealerships (y)

Right

I am completely dismayed with FIAT and FIAT Customer Services.

I have had a big row with one of there representatives a Slough today and as usual they deny any responsibilty for their products!

I've told them how many people I've encountered who have also been unhappy with them but they say that they have no evidence of unsatisfied customers.

So, if you have any complaints or have experienced poor customer service from either FIAT dealerships or FIAT UK please post them here, when there is enough 'evidence' I will print all your complaint off and post them to FIAT UK Headquarters in Slough and see what they come back with.

Please keep it clean as I intend to send this entire thread as an official document, you can be as angry or annoyed as you like though!

Thanks.
TC. :D
Hi all,

I have had one of the most bizzare experiences I could ever think about and just couldn't believe that a company like Fiat or Tata motors can do this. I have 2007 model palio stile and it broke down in the middle of the road due radiator top hose leakage due to which the coolant had come out and the vehicle stalled. I call the so called Fiat helpline and this guy threw me the first bomb shell when he said he somewhere in a place from where he can't come and attend my car. Then I call the Fiat india toll free number who gave me a road assistance number who wanted Rs.1500 to two the car for approx 4 kms I declined and asked him why am I being charged the reply was a really funny one. He said since I had bought my car in 2007 I am not entitled for a free road assistance where as if I had bought my car in 2011 they would have given me free road assistance!!! agreed and I moved on to take the car to the FIAT service station in chennai, here comes the second bomb shell and a good one. After moved by a wrecker from TVS we bring down the car from the recovery vehicle and I approach the service reception bay in VST service station. The lady at the reception says they have stopped servicing Palio and I have to take the car to another service station called Tafe Reach. Since the car is not drivable I ask the recovery guy to move the car again to the other service station he polietly refused to do the same and moved. I find the Tafe reach number in google because VST is living in another world where they don't have any numbers. OK finally I call Tafe and explain him the situtation, I didn't realise that I was talking to a dumb guy until he came back to me and told me that they will accept the car only on 6th of July (this conversation is happening on 26th of June) I told him am not talking about a general service but a break down service he just explained his helpless ness and disconnected the call. Today is 7th haven't got any solution from the team. I have mailed each and every contact in Fiat india and Fiat italy but except one reply from Fiat customer care international haven't got any support from Fiat.

I have decided to go to court and show people how these companies make us choose what cars we should drive. I have been loyal to Fiat and love Fiat but no choice I have to say good bye now.

Before i joined the garage I currently work in (Richard Hardie Fiat Silverlink) I didnt have a single problem. They sorted my car and eventually sorted me out with a job. Regarding Fiat themselves, if you speak to Fiat customer services and lodge a complaint with them I know for a fact they liase with regional managers and the local/nominated dealer. I know this very well as I had to relay information to customer services when I done a stint as service advisor! So my advice before you speak to any managers in Fiat UK is contact Fiat Customer Care!!!!!

Back