General Possible EML light?

Currently reading:
General Possible EML light?

spudley1988

hey folks, theres a light on my seicento dash thats driving me crazy recently, its the wee torch kinda looking light to the left of the dipped headlights symbol. It started a few weeks ago whilst i was driving about 30mph, car gave a huge judder as if trying to stall and that light came on for about 3-5 seconds and car started running fine again. Then last week at about 45mph the light came on again for about 5 seconds but no symptoms happened, just light appearing. now its a lot more frequent ( last night 5 times in half an hour, still only staying on for 5 seconds) but theres no change in the cars behaviour all the time, just every so often has a violent shudder when light appears, when i drive along tho and try to keep a steady pace i can feel her trying to hold back a little. Anybody any suggestions other than my neighbours petrol and lighter solution (n)

it had plugs leads etc done about a month or so ago, as well as headgasket being done. It hasnt had fuel filter done i dont think so doing that today, also if it helps to identify problem it struggles to start when its hot, starts fine on a cold start but sounds like its got a major lumpy cam until a few minutes pass. Final thing to which i notice is wrong which may help is the smell once cars turned off, from under drivers door and from the tail pipes, its shtinking (n)

id be more inclined to say a petrol smell, but the cat does smell eggy at points as well, what would looking for blue sparks indicate and yea it is a spi :)

The management light comes on intermitantly because its seeing something it isn't happy about and can't adjust it.

So its an intermittant fault in a connection or of a sensor.

The easiest one to start with is to ensure that all the sparks are inside the engine, not outside. A blue spark at the coil can indicated a breakdown of the coil insulation or the lead.

At the plug end, usually a lead issue.

Cheers

D

Back