Technical Poor Turbo Boost

Currently reading:
Technical Poor Turbo Boost

markie63

Hi people. After buying my second hand 1.4 Multiair I have suffer from low turbo boost. Maxing out at 25% it's caused three weeks of searching for the cause. MAP sensor changed, actuator movement checked by applying pressure, pressure measured from the boost solenoid valve... No improvement.

Then, thanks to the wonders of YouTube I added 3mm more pre-load to the actuator to wastegate. Bing! Boost works perfectly.

For the sake of that adjustment it has saved £s.

Please check this as a relatively easy try to fix before spending time and money elsewhere.

BTW this has also cured my issue of the cruise control dropping out and shift indicator stopping working after a short time. I am guessing that having proper boost control affects a lot more than you realise!

BTW this has also cured my issue of the cruise control dropping out and shift indicator stopping working after a short time. I am guessing that having proper boost control affects a lot more than you realise!
I think you are certainly right here. Turbo engines need the turbo assistance and if it is not available then with no boost the engine will struggle under load and want to change down. On a manual car then this will have multiple effects. Cruise control cutting out, aircon cutting out, possibly even Start/Stop.

Back