IMG_20220901_163349.jpg

125 Polski Fiat 125P

Introduction

Hi all. I've just bought a Polski Fiat 125P, or more correctly a Zastava 125 PZ as it started life in Yugoslavia. I bought the car I'm Slovenia and drove it back to the West of Ireland, travelling through Slovenia, Austria, Germany and France. I clocked up 2350 km in 4 days. The car used no oil or fluids and performed faultlessly the entire trip. The only casualty is a blown headlight bulb. It's a 1978 car.
...I understand You very well, I took my Polski Fiat 125p 1500 MR77 to Holland in 2020 year (after 12 year standing in garage)... till now I made something about 40000km ...2 years I use as daily car...till now I have no reason to complane...if there come some issue by my self I can fix it very fast :) ...as for example 3 weeks ago cable from ignition distributor was broken on a way...ignition distributor I have 10years older (1967) than my car because I change them to italian Magneti Marelli from the same engine Fiat 1500...basically this car is really good o mean Polski Fiat 125p also Zastava 125pz because after 1983 when factory in Warsaw lose licence for Polski Fiat they continue with own car FSO 125p which one was some kind of copy of Polski Fiat 125p. About FSO 125p personal I don't have so good opinion :-/. Was simple much worst quality , despite the fact that it uses a number of modernizations, such as an electronic distributor, a rubber timing belt instead of a chain, non-corrosive plastic instead of chrome elements, etc. As i see your version is orginal MR78. Basically, there are two versions of this model - of this brand ("Polski Fiat") 1967-1974 which one look from outside almost the same as first version of Italian Fiat 125 (1967-1970) and second version 1975-1982 with new indicator front lights (typical only for Polski Fiat 125p), back lights like in Fiat 125 Special, new dashboard design by Walter de Silva,chrome-plated side strips with rubber (typical only for Polski Fiat 125p) and so on...both of this versions use the same kind of engine 115C and 116C from FIAT 1500 and FIAT 1300. This means you shouldn't have any problems getting engine parts - just enter Fiat 1500, Seat 1500 or Zastava 1500 in the search engine. Engines are very good but they hate slow turns this is the easiest way to kill them - driving at idle speed below 2000 rpm. Its because main crankshaft have only 3 support. In practice, it means that the engine has less resistance at high speeds and is more "volatile", but too weakly supported at idle speeds.That's why it's perfect for long journeys :) , of course with the recommendation to install a 5-speed gearbox. I did a 1300 km route with practically one long nap at an engine speed of 3200-3500 rpm. This engine was beautifully packaged in the Fiat Ghia 1500 GT version. One thing I see that is not original is the emblem on the front grill. I mean the original one looks the same, there is the Polski Fiat inscription and the FSO factory symbol everything in black frame, but it is much better made, this one is some kind of artisanal fake. I'm not surprised because the prices of original emblems for Polski Fiat range from 80 to 220 euros. Congratulations on a successful car and I wish you much pleasure and joy of using it!

Back