Votes: 8 5.6%
  • 7-9

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 10-12

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 13 or more - I got leniency from the courts

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
It's luck AND judgement IMO Garree... I've expected tickets but they never arrived... usually from driving in areas I dont know. But we make our own luck, never exceed the limits & you wont get speeding points, but we all know thats impossible... :eek: Play the percentage game, and in most cases you'll get lucky! (y)

Ditto. A1 up to Edinburgh. I think the BM 318 got the ticket :devil:

none so far. got pulled once for doing 40mph on a 30mph but just got a telling off. one close call i had was on the m6, went past a copper doing 115mph in my old punto 1.2 8v but he wasnt paying attention as it was very buisy. but stick to limmit these days as i realy dont want to throw away my licence.

none so far. got pulled once for doing 40mph on a 30mph but just got a telling off. one close call i had was on the m6, went past a copper doing 115mph in my old punto 1.2 8v but he wasnt paying attention as it was very buisy. but stick to limmit these days as i realy dont want to throw away my licence.
115mph! Bloody hell how did you manage that?! mine does 98 according to RR!

I had more than the supposed top speed out of my Fiesta too. I don't think it's uncommon. Although a 1.2 doing 115mph does seem a little interesting :p

6 points for In10 driving a vehicle uninsured against 3rd party risks after reversing my mums car into a shiny merc at the local supermarket

If it wasnt for those pesky witnesses I'd have got away with it too

Mmmmm I checked my old style paper licence (I don't have a fangled new photo one). 9 points in 22 years of driving - All SP30's. 6 points in the last 2 years though. 3 for doing 55 in a 50 zone and 3 for 78 on a motorway :eek:

SP30, 39 in a 30 on a dual carriage way at 11.30pm that goes 40, 30, 40! -will be spent May 2011. Now go past every gatso at a snails pace.

None in nearly 3 years of driving.

Am extra careful now I'm training for the Specials, wont look too good getting points lol.

Points for speeding and most other offences are valid for three years from date of offence. Any further offences within those three years and they count for totting up.

If you elect for trial and are found guilty, the date of conviction could be 6 months or more after the date of the offence. The points still count from date of offence.

As an example - if you have 9 points and are caught speeding again a few days within the 3 years and go to trial, you might be found guilty 3 years and 6 months after the first offence. But because totting up is calculated from the date of offence the first points are still valid, which is why they stay on your licence for an extra year.

All this started years ago when the only record of points was what was written on the licence, these days the legal record is kept at DVLA and if you "can't find" your licence the court will still have a record to work from.

Insurance contracts are civil law not criminal law so they can ask for records going back 5 years in order to make a reasoned calculation of the risk you present.

Ta for that John (y) (No thanks button :eek:).

:yeahthat:

I only just managed an indicated 120mph out of 1.4 16v Stilo (110 GPS) on track. (did wonder if switching from LPG to petrol would have increased it at all :ROFLMAO: :eek:)

3 years driving, 0 points.

Did get a £60 fine a year ago -no road tax on the GP after i was made redudant and genuinely had no money to pay for it.

Whilst I was sitting in the back of the police car being told off and fined, I also noticed a big dent just underneath the rear light which WASNT there at the start of the day.

Very bad day for me......(n)

erm no idea how i got it lol. just kept my foot down. iv had the needle go past 120mph on the clock but that was thanks to that masive downhill bit on m62 before rochdale lol. i had 110mph out of a mk3 1.1 fiesta down there once before.

3 days after passing my test i got 3 points cos a police riot van officer didnt feel it was safe to pull out of the junction that i was coming up too, because i didnt let him out they therefore assumed i was speeding, no camera or speed guns where used, had NO proof of my speed. actuall fact i was doing 34 in a 30 and didnt feel the need to let him out becuase he had no urgency or lights on!! got 60 quid fine and 3 points!! badtimes..but hey im still on the road!!

3 days after passing my test i got 3 points cos a police riot van officer didnt feel it was safe to pull out of the junction that i was coming up too, because i didnt let him out they therefore assumed i was speeding, no camera or speed guns where used, had NO proof of my speed. actuall fact i was doing 34 in a 30 and didnt feel the need to let him out becuase he had no urgency or lights on!! got 60 quid fine and 3 points!! badtimes..but hey im still on the road!!

Why didn't you take it to court if they had no proof?

By the way, Police dont have to have lights on to go faster than the sleep limit.

Why didn't you take it to court if they had no proof?

By the way, Police dont have to have lights on to go faster than the sleep limit.

He never said the cop van was speeding, just because he was a copper don't mean he gets right of way.

A ex police friend of mine got done for going through a green light, we sorry a red light about 6 months ago I asked him why he didn't challange it and he simply said he had no proof that he didn't and the police officer would have better credability in court than him, I.e so many years in service etc etc so it was easier to take the points and a fixed fine.

I'm not for one min saying police always win, they don't as we have found out in the news today ...

He never said the cop van was speeding, just because he was a copper don't mean he gets right of way.

A ex police friend of mine got done for going through a green light, we sorry a red light about 6 months ago I asked him why he didn't challange it and he simply said he had no proof that he didn't and the police officer would have better credability in court than him, I.e so many years in service etc etc so it was easier to take the points and a fixed fine.

I'm not for one min saying police always win, they don't as we have found out in the news today ...

Was more to the part in bold.

Back