Technical Please Please need help my car is dead :(

Currently reading:
Technical Please Please need help my car is dead :(

kerrymochan

hello my new second hand cinquecento has broke down, and i would like some info on how to fix it please? the breakdown man that towed me home said it was the headgasket but i dont think it is as... there is no oil in the water or on the inside of the cap. before it broke down there was no loss of power, and didnt run dry at all. thats why i dont think its the headgasket gone, it did run out of petrol on a hill. after putting petrol in it went about a mile, before cutting out and i havnt been able to start it since then. i think it sucked up debris from the petrol tank and got blocked somewhere in the pipeline as i dont think there is any petrol going to the engine at all. i would be very gratefull of any advice you can give me thanks in advance jimmy and kerry mochan xx

check to see if gas is getting to the injector, remove fuel line's from carb and turn key to 1 listen for the prime of fuel pump if it "Primes" but no fuel comes out of the pipes then theres a blockage. if it doesnt even prime the tank is empty

othwhile changing the fuel filter -- small metal canister under the car just in front of the rear wheels anyway.

After this, pop in some fuel. Check for fuel past the injector (when the engine turns over there should be a dribble of fuel visible in the throttle body with the air filter assembly removed). If no fuel, check for spark. If no spark and no fuel, it'll be the crank (aka TDC) sensor. If spark but no fuel (assuming Sporting), check the big white relay towards the front of the bonnet.

Fuel filter and TDC sensor are about 15 quid apeice, the white main relay doesn't often go -- you can pick them up from scrappies for a fiver or so.

Rare for a HG to produce a straight cut followed by no start, but may be worthwhile doing a compression test once you get it running.

check to see if gas is getting to the injector, remove fuel line's from carb and turn key to 1 listen for the prime of fuel pump if it "Primes" but no fuel comes out of the pipes then theres a blockage. if it doesnt even prime the tank is empty
thank you
right we just checked that, it does prime and now i'm stuck again as how do i unblock a blockage??

just gonna check that now will let you know very shortly what happens lol

Back