General PLease help, Fiat Marea running rough

Currently reading:
General PLease help, Fiat Marea running rough

paulmuzzer2

Hi All,

My car is running rough when driving, if it is idling it will rev freely but when in gear and moving it is like a kangaroo with no power, it is like this from when i start it up first thing.

I have changed the Lambda sensor yesterday and it still runs rough (but ever so slightly smoother). i took my car to the local exhaust place as the middle box sounded like it was blowing.

they told me that the middle box has colapse and possibly blocked inside and that is why it sounds so loud.

My question is this, if the exhaust is blocked would it cause it to run rough and with no power from cold?

I need some help as this is my only car and cannot afford another one yet so need to get this fixed. i dont want to spend money on something that wont cure the problem.

Kind regards

Paul

How can anyone help if you dont say what engine you have. If the exhaust is blown or blocked it isnt going to run very well needs fixing first. Cant say much else at the minute till we see if its petrol or diesel.

Sorry your right i did forget to put the car information into my question.

It is a Fiat Marea 1.6 SX, 51,000 miles.

Thanks

as its petrol first thing is full service & especially renew spark plugs and fuel filter; exhaust has to be fixed; if still running rough check compression if compression ok then will need to run a diagnostics....

Back