General Playing iPod via usb

Currently reading:
General Playing iPod via usb

fcuk

Hey

I brought a Bravo yesterday and it has a usb port. I have an iPod so i connected it up and began playing, in comes issue. It will play some songs, others it skips and justs reads the title. Then songs it didnt play then suddenly will and songs it did play wont play and it will skip.

Any idea why it does this?

Will do. This is my first Bravo...fiat for that matter, how does the update work?

You download a file from that site, put it on to a completely empty memory stick, stick it in your USB port and flick the car onto ignition, it reads the file and puts a file onto the memory stick, you pull it out stick it in your computer and upload that file to the website, it then tells you what update you need. You download it, stick it on to the memory stick (make sure it's wiped again) and it updates. That's the short explanation. It is all explained on that site :)

You either do it yourself of pay fiat to do it. Up to you.

Will get onto it now. Hopefully it will fix the issue if not i shall pop back. For now I am using the belkin transmitter, great little thing to have if you have no port for your usb's or iPod.

Last edited:
OK so i dont think the update worked. Now it keeps repeating two song titles over and over. The music on myiPod is mp3 cause when looking into my folder itsays mp3 format.

I have tried another iPod...same issue. Maybe Apple doesn't like you playing iPods in car lol. Any ideas why this is still going on?

It seems like a faulty blue and me then. If you have performed the update correctly then there's little else you can do, I can speak from experience that the B&M system is flawless in my car using my iPhone 5. Actually that springs an idea. Could it be the software on your iPod. Is that up to date? Does it work well in other docks?

blue and me is turd, i got giddy about it when i got mine, just sick of it now so gonna get a new double din and sound system (y)

The update failed just been told. My dad was sorting that. This isnt a major issue as i have transmitter that works perfectly. We will try update again and see how it goes. Both iPods uptodate and they work fine in other docks. I think the update may do the trick, if not then I blame Apple lol. They make it complicated.

Back