General Pirelli P7000 tyre's.

Currently reading:
General Pirelli P7000 tyre's.

Tommeh38

Does anyone else find these tyre's really aren't grippy at all? :confused: I know most Cinq's have them. When I had them all around on mine the car used to slide all the time. I have new tyre's on the front now, they cost about £15 a corner more than the P7000's and my car barely slides at all. Anyone else relate?

They're not the grippiest of tyres, but way better than the ditchfinders some people fit. For real performance tyres you have to go to 14".

I don't have the budget for new wheels though lol. I'm not going to do anything to my car as I'm going to get a Punto in roughly 6 months. =]

Best bet is to fit new tyres to the back, rather than the front. Seems completely counterintuitive, but makes the car far, far more stable under emergency braking in a straight(ish) line (which is where you really need it -- it's easy to cope with everyday understeer and scrabble from the front). There's a clip of VBH demonstrating on 5th Gear somewhere on YouTube.

It is counterintuitive but even if all four are the same the pair with most thread left should be at the rear.

Stopping in the wet is more assured it you dont spin...

Yes the OEM rubber is not soft grippy rubber it really does not wear much either.

Noel

P7000s are solid plastic. Not exactly designed for enthusiastic driving!

Its like most things, you get what you pay for.

You may have to find £50 a corner for tyres, but its a lot cheaper and less painful than having accidents, losing cars and damaging yourself!

Does depend on the age & condition of the tyres - they are FAR better than many other cheap tyres when you get brand new stock, but obviously if supplied after being sat around in a warehouse for years or aged on a car then they deteriorate badly like any other tyre.

I go for Pirelli P5000 Drago tyres in 175/50 R13 & find them shockingly better even if they are dear & have to be ordered in :slayer:

Do they fit with standard aluminium and bolts?

Noel

Last edited:
P7000s are solid plastic. Not exactly designed for enthusiastic driving!

Its like most things, you get what you pay for.

You may have to find £50 a corner for tyres, but its a lot cheaper and less painful than having accidents, losing cars and damaging yourself!

Well I don't go racing around if that's what you mean, I'm a fairly quick driver but compared to a couple of my friends, I'm slow. lol

Hi 99

Thanks but will I need spacers at the front & longer bolts to clear the iner wing on full lock?

Noel

Back