General Pirelli P6000 175/50 R14 - the standard Sei Abarth tyre

Currently reading:
General Pirelli P6000 175/50 R14 - the standard Sei Abarth tyre

tnt

Hi... for a long time I searched all the sites & forums from Romania to find some 175/50 R14 tyres. I haven't found anything :bang: until yesterday when a retailer said he can :D import for me Pirelli P6000 at this sizes (from Germany). The tyres are brand new, from 2008. The problem is that are pretty expensive (n)... about 100 euro/piece so this means 400 euro for a full set (I need all 4 tyres to be changed because the current ones are ~ 5 years old and in a very bad condition). So the question is: are they expensive? Should I search for a low price or there is no chance for me to find something at this size with the price lower than this?

What was in FIAT's mind when they fitted this rare size???

In UK this tyres can be found easily?

Yes, I found 185/50 R14 here at ~ 80 euro/piece but I'm really afraid that this tyres will slow down my acceleration, rise my fuel consumption in the city and the bushes and suspension will be doing a harder work... For 54 hp 185 tyres might be too big in my opinion... + probabli they will rub on the arch or on the inside... don't know.

when i needed my tyres replacing, i rang around my local garages!

picked them up for £50 a tyre! i think they are the pirelli's p6000 :)

cheers

When exactly was that? This year? Because I can't find anything.....

Yes, I found 185/50 R14 here at ~ 80 euro/piece but I'm really afraid that this tyres will slow down my acceleration, rise my fuel consumption in the city and the bushes and suspension will be doing a harder work... For 54 hp 185 tyres might be too big in my opinion... + probabli they will rub on the arch or on the inside... don't know.

I have 185/50 R14 on an 899... :D

And how the car feels when you get off at the lights? Is the acceleration ok or you can feel the difference from the previous wheels (at 899 I think you had 155/70 R13 before)?

155/65/13 before.. the standard 899 is so slow that the change in performance is only slightly noticeable. I haven't noticed any exceptional rise in fuel consumption either (then again I don't calculate my consumption often). The loss in performance and rise of fuel consumption is a small price to pay for the better handling of the car though!!!

Ok then... I think I'll go for 185/50 R14 then... hope they will not rub somewhere!

Did you get the 185/50 R14s? I'm looking for a pair of tyres for my Abarth but the standard 175s are silly prices :eek:

Can anyone say for certain that the 185s dont rub anywhere? Seen some nice Yokohamas in 185/50 R14 for far cheaper than I can find the 175s

Yes I know it'll throw the speedo out a little but it probably reads a bit low anyway :rolleyes:

Not yet.... maybe next month because now I have other stuff to do with the money... + the winter will be gone in ~ a month.

They're the standard Abarth ones on the 98 Sei. Dunno if they're the same but if they are then I should be ok. Might have a nice word with the local tyre place and see if they'll let me try some on for a fit. Just can't bear the thought of shelling out £50+ for some cheapo 14" tyres. :mad:

i got a pirrelli p6000 earlier this month and ended up paying 75 quid, just because i needed one the same day and only one place had them in haha.

getting 185 next

Finally I've bought the 175/50 tyres... I bought 4 pieces, Pirelli P6000 brend new (made on January 2009 according to DOT specifications :)). The price per tyre was about 68 pounds with delivery included (this according to the RON - GBP exchange course here in Romania in 13.03.2009). It is a big change in the car feeling... they have better grip, the brake 10x better, the road experience when driving on roughly terrain is smoother. Imagine that my ex tyres were the original tyres... made in March 1999 when the car was out of the factory and they made 138.000 km :eek: in 10 years... they were in a very bad condition.

Thats a good price. Best I've found for the Pirellis is about 75GBP. Tempted to go for them over the 'sonar' cheap ones simply for the better performance. Still annoying to be stuck with paying £70+ for a 14" tyre :(

Back