General picking up my new grande punto on monday

Currently reading:
General picking up my new grande punto on monday

mills705

hi
What do i need to look out for when i pick it up? Ive heard people mentioning PDI check? whats that? anyhelp would be appreciated.

hi
What do i need to look out for when i pick it up? Ive heard people mentioning PDI check? whats that? anyhelp would be appreciated.

Hiya and welcome. The PDI check is the Pre Delivery Inspection the car should have before the dealer hands it over to you (assuming its a new car here)

Basically make sure everything works and is as ordered, that the body and interior are undamaged and all present and secure. That all documentation is present and correct that sort of stuff. Check it before you drive off all excited as it will be very hard to get retrospective correction of any damage after you have left. Give youreslf time and be fussy! (y)

What GP have you had?

cheers for that. Im hopefully going to get my dad along who knows more about it than me!
Im getting a 1.4 dynamic in exotica red. Its a series two. Nothing too flash.

cheers. I love the look and drive of the punto. Much nicer than my micra (n reg)! lol. The micra dont even have power steering.
My one disappointment was that I dont get alloys and I kind of wish I did, but they are a 500quid extra and im not paying that. Apparantly the steels aint too bad. But we shall see!

Well if they are like my steelies they are not too bad, even a couple of my mates thought they were alloys. :D

Last edited:
they are ed as far as i can tell. Ill just keep em in good nick.
Ill post pics of the car when i get it. I hate this waiting game mind.

The waiting is what makes it special :p
going to be very special! I cant wait to get my new car! Its being delivered tomorrow..... i just want it here on my drive so i can have a go in it!
My car atm is a 15yr old micra... with no power steering or anything! lol. sigh. Going to be going up in the world a tiny bit :).

Enjoy your new car mills when you get it. Remember to go to the gym though, having power steering now, you don't want all those arm muscles turning to "bingo wings" !:ROFLMAO:

cheers. I love the look and drive of the punto. Much nicer than my micra (n reg)! lol. The micra dont even have power steering.
My one disappointment was that I dont get alloys and I kind of wish I did, but they are a 500quid extra and im not paying that. Apparantly the steels aint too bad. But we shall see!

No Alloys?????

My other half's 56 plate Dynamic came with them standard from new......

Cost cutting excersise no doubt.............(n)

No Alloys?????

My other half's 56 plate Dynamic came with them standard from new......

Cost cutting excersise no doubt.............(n)
i no, thats what sort of lets it down i guess. Im after some but depends on how much I have left after insurance etc. Im deffinatly going to get the standard fiat ones mind you. They look good. Especially the 16" inch ones. Dont remind me, it was very odd test driving them! and doing my driving test!

I am collecting my new GPS on monday now to! I am so excited as well just cant wait to get it. However the dealer is being a bit wierd giving me an appoinment time to come pick up.

Is that strange thing to do? Everytime my dad has bought a new car he just goes picks it up whenever he likes. I am just asking because the time they have given me is mid morining which doesnt really suit me and that the only time slot they had so a little bit peed off in that respect.

edymonster- I just got a call from my dealer. Your car just arrived... im getting it pdi'd on monday morning and taxed then too so you can pick it up after 2.30pm when do you want to? Brilliant... except I cant get there till about 5pm :( as dad is taking me and going to look around before i accept it. I just want it now, now i know its sitting there and stuff.

hi

hiya check thats the book is stamped-check the paintwork, if your buying a model with blue and me make sure that the salesman shows you how to use it-not all phones match-if your having alloys check the rear brake hubs models made for alloys have coated rear brake drums-non alloys dont-enjoy your punto:)

cheers for that. Yeah i was going to ask him to show me how to use it. I know my phone doesnt do text reading but that it works with the handsfree feature. Im getting a new phone in a month.
Well my dads coming down with me so he is going to check out the car etc and then ill be handing over my money!
I cant wait now. Times going by very slowly to say the least!

Back