Off Topic phone detector.

Currently reading:
Off Topic phone detector.

pkam

I will start by trying to get in the good books, we are planning to get a 500 Lounge for Christmas but I think the lead time will be too great as we want twinair, dual logic, crossover black paint, sat nav, bi-xenon lights and a few other odds and ends.The dealer hasn't answered my lead time question, as I am in Saudi Arabia this is frustrating.
My real question is--I saw on the internet a while back a widget that stays plugged into to the power socket and via Bluetooth tells you, when you turn on the ignition, if your mobile phone is not with you.I have searched again in the usual places but no luck.
Has anyone out there heard of this little bit of kit?
Best regards, Pete

I will start by trying to get in the good books, we are planning to get a 500 Lounge for Christmas but I think the lead time will be too great as we want twinair, dual logic, crossover black paint, sat nav, bi-xenon lights and a few other odds and ends.The dealer hasn't answered my lead time question, as I am in Saudi Arabia this is frustrating.
My real question is--I saw on the internet a while back a widget that stays plugged into to the power socket and via Bluetooth tells you, when you turn on the ignition, if your mobile phone is not with you.I have searched again in the usual places but no luck.
Best regards, Pete
Be better to post this elsewhere as it's not really a 500 specific thing and you'd be widening your audience by posting it in leisure lounge.

Best regards, Pete

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20100625/bringrr-helps-forget-cell-phone/

Hopefully this gadget fits the 500 or any 'Fiat' cigarette lighter socket without being a loose fit and doesn't work ;)

There might be a better device out there that's connected to your car keys. When the keys are out of range of the mobile the car keys buzzer goes off.

TBH I have lost faith in any of those key finder locator gadgets. They never seem to work when you need them.:rolleyes:

The blue and me system flashes up on the screen no phone connected or no bluetooth if your phone is not in range when you start the car. That should let you know.

Thanks RUI, not having to have a loose extra that I can lose and much neater. Cheers.(y)

Surely the fact that your phone isn't in your hand or your pocket is sufficient evidence that you've forgotten it? Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand the purpose of the detector...:confused:

Back