Off Topic peugeot 508 sw

Currently reading:
Off Topic peugeot 508 sw

If any one is thinking of one of these to replace a croma think again ive got a hire one atm and its no match.

reviews say "plenty of head and legroom for both front and rear passengers" it don't i nearly smacked my head on the top of door way getting in. you can lower the seat to make getting in and out easier, but then you cant see any of the bonnet or road in front of it.

view in rear mirror is really bad and view in general out of all the windows isn't good.
Model i have has no reverse sensors but it does have a glass roof that seems fixed shut.

This one has an auto gearbox and its like going back in time, it changes up really slow and jerky.

Last edited:
I briefly considered one of these as a replacement, it sounds like you have the EGC semi auto gearbox which has been criticised in these cars, the manual is a better bet but you don't get stop/start then. I changed my mind because the one I was thinking of has the 1.6HDi engine and this has some terrible problems with turbos failing etc even when serviced as instructed, I am now looking at a Chevrolet Orlando 2.0 litre diesel, it has much in common with the Croma in terms of size, fuel economy and performance with the added bonus of 7 seats but is still a bit expensive being relatively new.

Last edited:
Perhaps you're not being fair on the poor thing as you're now used to your Croma. Without buying a 4x4 or 7-seater I don't think there's anything else similar to the way that you sit on a chair in a room in a Croma.

On the odd occasion I've been in a normal car since getting used to mine, I feel like I'm sitting on the road with my legs in the air. Most cars seem more like sitting on a beanbag than a seat.

I'm completely converted to the Croma way, and will only sell mine to a scrapyard when it stops working (hopefully in about 10 years). Depending on how well it behaves, and how often I feel like thrashing it with a tree branch.

Ive got plans for my 2400.

spillthebeans2.gif

well did have till i just spoke to the accountant.Yet again the UK has just bummed me good style.
I was hoping to find a company that could engineer and fit a two stage turbocharging conversion on it,one little turbo and one larger turbo.Basically carry on were fiat left off.
Ive lost the plot,i know.thoughts please.

I'm completely converted to the Croma way, and will only sell mine to a scrapyard when it stops working (hopefully in about 10 years). Depending on how well it behaves, and how often I feel like thrashing it with a tree branch.

Be careful with that! Ours collected a tree branch through it's windscreen during it's brief working years :p

MY Grandfather runs the Peugeot/ citroen service centre for a very large garage and has taken 508sw home in the past, they seem allright but they are very big :confused: and they drop like stones in value, ive been told theyve barely shifted any... he much prefers the 3008 (y)

I much rather the face lift croma they sell in europe :D

MY Grandfather runs the Peugeot/ citroen service centre for a very large garage and has taken 508sw home in the past, they seem allright but they are very big :confused: and they drop like stones in value, ive been told theyve barely shifted any... he much prefers the 3008 (y)

I much rather the face lift croma they sell in europe :D

they are big on the outside but small on the inside, the ride is very bumpy too, worse than a lowered croma on 18's

Back