General Petrol

Currently reading:
General Petrol

ema

Hi I've just bought a 500x 1ltr sport was just wondering what people are roughly getting to the gallon?

Hi
Thats a broad question :)

Its winter in the UK.. so all figures will be lower..

And your type of use..and driving style.. can have a massive effect with a small turbo'd petrol

My Fiats have Smaller Engines..and Lighter bodies.. but the technique takes a while :)
Charlie

Hi
Thats a broad question :)

Its winter in the UK.. so all figures will be lower..

And your type of use..and driving style.. can have a massive effect with a small turbo'd petrol

My Fiats have Smaller Engines..and Lighter bodies.. but the technique takes a while :)
Charlie
Hi mostly town and steady driving with It been built up areas

I've got the 1.0ltr.

If I drive it like an old fella, on the motorway @ 60mph say, I can get 44mpg out of it... but on A-roads and some shopping trips, I get c.40mpg.
If I'm mostly around town, even with the Stop-Start, I get around 35mpg.

It's the accelerating (turbo boosting) that eats the petrol... if you look at the "Instant Consumption" on the menu display while you're driving, it can tank down to 20mpg during acceleration.

Ralf S.

Our 1.0 has lifetime trip consumption 39mpg over 27000 miles mostly town and country with a few long motorway runs per year. General consumption performance similar to Ralf S. experience.

I've recently bought a 1.0 500x and it's only done 1300 miles from new.

On E10 petrol I get about 35mpg mixed driving, but with Shell V Power I get 40mpg.

I haven't yet tried other E5 petrols, but I'd expect you'd get the same as V Power.

I drive fairly hard, mostly on motorways with a bit of heavy traffic in between, and I’m getting about 7l/100km which I think is about 38 mpg. My summer use isn’t much better because of air con working hard on a hot day.

Back