General Petrol Doblo LPG Conversion

Currently reading:
General Petrol Doblo LPG Conversion

Omaweneno

Any LPG Doblos out there? Would any LPG Doblo owners like to share their experiences/tips/advice?

I use my Doblos as mobile offices, so I often leave the engine idling while I work in the back and run the heating or air con. I'm looking at installing a petrol Eberspacher night heater for the heating but fancy installing LPG to save on running costs, especially for idling with air con on.

I've had 2 LPG cars before (Mazda 626 & a Previa) with no problems & saved a fortune in fuel costs.

Contributions gratefully received.

I have an ebersp whatsit space heater on my bus - takes about half an hour to heat up (ok, so the interior is about 20' x 7' x 7' or thereabouts) and the heater really sucks up the diesel and it's the same story across the whole fleet. One typically long run uses an average 1/4 tank but recently, with the cold weather, the same run uses about 3/8 with the engine and heater running for about 2.5 hours.
Just wondering if a calor room heater would prove more efficient? - of course, if you converted to LPG then you could buy a small heater to run off the same tank.

The Eberspacher on my diesel MWB Ford Transit works a treat. It heats up the back in 10 mins and doesn't seem to use any diesel!

I've thought about running a 2nd fuel line from an LPG tank to power a (very small) standalone heater. Bound to be safety issues though. I'll report back with my findings.

Last edited:
Thinking about biting the bullet, a company 12 miles away advertise the eberspacher hydronic car heater - heats the coolant on a timer or remote control.
Advertised fuel usage is half a litre/hour on high or 1/3 litre/hour on low.
I've sent them an email asking for a price to supply and fit.
Their ad reckons these units are so compact and easy to fit they are very popular - so the price has come down.

We'll see.

Back