Technical Pete's Cinq Thread

Currently reading:
Technical Pete's Cinq Thread

beastyjay said:
but its got really short gears being as its a 6speed :p

ah the Punto 6 Speed not 60!... fair enough... and it's not REALLY low geared once you put on 195/45R15 tyres, but it's still low.
Code:
Gear	1kRPM	5.5kRPM	6kRPM
1st	3.7	20.2	22.1
2nd	6.0	33.2	36.2
3rd	8.8	48.4	52.8
4th	11.6	63.9	69.7
5th	14.4	79.4	86.6
6th	17.5	96.3	105.1
I like the 6 speed with the cento sporting final drive on 175/50R15 or 195/45R15 tyres, it basically puts the 5th and 6th equidistantly away from the normal 5th gear.
Code:
	    Speed
Gear	1kRPM	6kRPM	Drop on change
1st	4.7	30.4	N/A		
2nd	7.7	49.9	2,485rpm
3rd	11.2	72.8	1,995rpm
4th	14.8	96.1	1,539rpm
5th	18.4	119.4	1,239rpm
6th	22.3	144.8	1,114rpm

CS5th	20.0	130.0	1,657rpm
and for the record 5th on a cento sporting with the same tyres is above, 4th is the same on both boxes.

Edit: opps looking at the wrong ratio set... real 6 speed numbers now

Last edited:
Cento sporting final drive 15:58, Punto 6 speed 13:64

I enclose a slightly crude (but effective) spreadsheet, formatting might be off but the important bits work.

Attachments

• GearRatio.xls.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
GOOD NEWS (y):D

got home from work tonight and saw the weather report, it said it was gonna rain all day tomorrow (my day off) so i thought "**** it" and went and fitted the alternator now, in the dark :p

ITS ALIVE :D Starts perfect every time now and no battery light now (y) Also replaced the weedy 899cc battery for a proper "sporting" battery that i had lying around in the garage from a few cinqs ago.. amazingly it still had plenty of juice left in to start the car (y)

some bad news though, i took it for a drive (timing is defo slightly out, it drives a little lumpy and idle is off) and **** me, the brakes are useless! foot to the floor and its braking like ive just pulled the handbrake up :eek: not good!

Also the front tyres are bald.. very very bald! :eek: Havent checked the rears :( plus theres the front passenger wheel scrapes the gear box on about 3/4 right lock which is an MOT fail :(

Pete, i hope uve got some money to throw at this thing...

Ok so I got a spare day today so decided to tackle some more of petes cinq :D

no1.jpg
Here she is, notice a new addition that I added out of the kindness of my heart :p (plus i promised pete he could have it ages ago)

no2.jpg
no3.jpg
Strutbrace! Woo :D Might help to stop you from rolling this one Pete! :eek::rolleyes:

Next on the list was to remove and replace the leaking coolant hose, so off came the bumper to drain out all of the "coolant", more water :p

no4.jpg

no5.jpg
here is said dodgy coolant hose which had been bodged temporarily.

no6.jpg
Now replaced with a nice "nearly new" hose (y)

Also I think I mentioned last time that the brakes were crap. So i decided to get the wheels off and have look... My initial plan was to just replace the pads with some "nearly new" Green stuff pads as Pete was told his were completly worn...

no8.jpg
These are the old pads, look completly fine to me, almost new thickness!

But I replaced them with the green stuff pads regardless
no7.jpg

I took it for a quite spin around my road and the brakes are still usless.. pedal sinks to the floor etc with hardly any braking power. Defo needs bleeding me thinks. The hoses have been replace with some braided jobbies in the past so Im thinking that whoever did it didnt bleed the brakes afterwards...

no9.jpg
no10.jpg
no11.jpg
Just a few piccies parked out in the road (y) look mean :devil:

Still more work to do but it can wait for another day now :) Pete! get those wheels to mine :p

Oo, this is making me like the car again :D

the picture without the bumper looks quite cool actually :eek:

ta bushboy (y) your a legend :worship:

and the indution is staying hot air, unless your gonna buy me a new one :p

the k&n should pass, as it has an oil breather pipe with it (shoud do somewhere :chin: )

also, you left something hanging outta the boot

Last edited:
Back