General performance panel filters

Currently reading:
General performance panel filters

after changing the position of a cone filter i bought everyday for the past week, i got sick of it, learnt the hard way can't get performance without shelling out for a gsr, so i've stuck the original air box back on and the car goes like stink again :), and doesn't give me a headache with the noise,

just wanted to know if there'll be any sort of performance increase with either a k&n, pipercross or bmc panel filter, even if slight

ta

i was pretty suprised when i put the standard box back on, how i couldn't notice how much my induction kit sucked ass and took performance away, now i think i suprise people bombing it past them, until i get an aston up me bum then i have to move over :eek:

Last edited:
There was some research performed on the K and N panel filter it does apparently increase the airflow into the engine when a new standard and a new K and N are compared, but the cleaning guidelines for them are rubbish (it says something like every 50k) and they clog up faster than the standard filter so to maintain your advantage you have to clean them regularly, more regularly than you'd change a standard filter. Not much in the way of gain for something that has to be cleaned and oiled more often than the throwaway one needs replacing.

Last edited:
Back