General Performance Mk2 Punto Sporting 16v

Currently reading:
General Performance Mk2 Punto Sporting 16v

hornyas

Bristol although I am a Geordie!, United Kingdom.
I have a mk2 Fiat Punto 16v Sporting W reg and was wondering what is the best way to make it quicker. What gives the biggest improvement in performance without it sounding like well, choosing my words carefully, a boy racer complete with loud exhaust. I am 26yr old so well past the 18yr old boy racer round the one way system on a Saturday night if you know what I mean!:)

Piper cross induction kit mate, i have tested this recently and it does make the car considerably faster but i could advise fitting a silent performance exhaust, a supersprint is the works, nice and quiet performance but comes with a price.

Sensible mods go far

Pipercross induction kits are louder than your K&N boys. Will give you more of a boy racer roar. Also K&N are better performance wise than Pipercross but if you got the cash ad go for the BMC one. Looks sounds and performs the mutts nuts.

On the same subject, one of my old mans mate's races everything from merc cossies to imprezas and he swears by getting a good cold air feed onto your air box and drilling some nice big holes in it. (although he also says sometimes it can depend on the setup of the airbox - i.e. which way it is situated)

He had it dyno'd to prove his theory works better on his merc cossie than any induction kit he tried on it.

dunno if it would benefit our cars m8 but still food for thought???

The pipercross kit was really easy to fit mate, it gives a nice roar in low revs and a nice tuned sound over 4000 revs. You will notice a better response nothing too breath taking but a definate improvement. Also would recomend a larger exhaust full system as the more air that comes into the engine the more air you need to expell through the exhaust. I had a K&N on my old punto and found it was extremely poot quality. It sounded nice but they have a nice shiney plate on the top with the logo and this fell off leaving it looking crappy, when i sent it back i got a replacement and guess what same happened again, also the rubber that connects it to the inlet pipe split and was seeping air. Pipercross is the way to go, If you have around £200 to spend go for a viper kit even better ive seen one on a mates punto, hardly any noise but air induction is much better. but as i said you would need a lrger exhaust with this kit for sure.

Sensible mods go far

Back