Technical People of the Cento section, i need your help!

Currently reading:
Technical People of the Cento section, i need your help!

Hey guys,
it has been a while since i made a thread in the cento section, but i wondered if anyone could help me on a little idea i have.

i want to stick a bigger engine in my panda 4x4, but i need some info on it.

please >check this link out< for the thread over in the panda classic section.. share with me your knowledge!

Thanks,
John

My guess is that -- if MPI -- it would have a hissy fit. The Mk2 Punto and MPI Sei ECUs expect a knock sensor and a cam sensor (and etc.).

If SPI, get the ECU, key and code box.

Wiring diagrams for both SPI and MPI Sei in the Downloads section in the Seicento Technical Manual.

Once it's downloaded, look for Volume 1, Section 4, Engine Command.pdf.

hmm its a sporting.. looking on parkers its gonna be a MPI..
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/fiat/seicento/hatchback-1998/15366/

wonder if its a sequential injection system rather than batch... and like you said if it has the knock and cam sensors.. ill have to tare into the engine and see if its all transferable.. more sensors should mean better fuel economy..

be nice to have sequential injection too. if all of those sensors are mounted in the cam cover i will be laughing.

if not, i guess ill just nick the punto 55 wiring loom and ECU + key (i already have the code box from off it :D )

sadly i dont have anything else to go on in the scrap yard.. maybe something else on the braking list would work?
http://www.albertlooms.com/content.aspx?id=10

sadly its all mk 2 puntos though..

ok, bit of an update. the ecu is all wired in, the fuel pump is plumbed in, the exhaust is on.

the engine starts after lots of cranking and feathering of the throttle but if left alone it will cut out. sometimes it will idle but as soon as you rev it cuts out.

cant quite figure out what is wrong. i have no injector light on (it comes on with the ignition) and it never comes on when i try to get the engine to run.

engine is earthed to the body of the car in multiple points all earth for the ecu have good connections to ground.

no leaks on the intake manifold..

anybody got any tips?

ive asked around a few places to get the original ecu uncoded but because the thing is so old, it cant be done :/
and with it being an MPI ecu other people cant uncode it.

also, where is the engine number on a 1.2 8v engine? ive looked all over the block and cant find it.. (and i painted it while i was looking)

check the car out in my sig guys.. Fallout ;)

can anyone tell me the number structure?

how it is punched out on the block.. i think i have something

should it look something like this:

A12BC

do i have all the numbers or am i missing some?

i feel like Walter white here using acid to remove the metal to find the warped metal pressured under where the numbers would have been stamped

176.A8.000 is the engine number for the P75 engine, all years I do believe.

well if thats true, i got "L76AS" that could be a 176A8. i have a load of other numbers under that though

the car was scrapped, so i cant get the VIN.. the engine was removed from the dona punto 75 to put in the fallout panda.

Last edited:
well if thats true, i got "L76AS" that could be a 176A8. i have a load of other numbers under that though

the car was scrapped, so i cant get the VIN.. the engine was removed from the dona punto 75 to put in the fallout panda.

As above thats the only P75 engine code, I can't really read the code on mine either.

Not that it matters as all the parts are pretty much the same anyway, just make sure you get the mpi inlet/exhaust gaskets not the spi/P60 ones - only difference I can think of off the top of my head...

Edit: I think the numbers below the engine number are random/unique

Last edited:
yes 176a8 is the engine code, the numbers that follow are the actual engine number - they are nearly almost impossible to make out - but just write whatever it looks like to you, as if anyone checks it, an insurance inspector for example, he will be in same boat as you except will have the number you got and that will no doubt be close enough lol.

But it will be several zero's and then some numbers, no letters

hey guys, i have an ecu key and code box. its wired in but i have no idea what colour wire is the fuel pump. (the code box is wired into the grey green wire on the ECU)

i assume its the white and brown one, being a thick wire so i have connected it to that.
so anyway, i have no dash connected yet. so i have no lighting.

im flying blind here as i cant find a wiring diagram anywhere, so its all guess work. i assume that 2 wires the same colour mean they do the same thing. (with the ECU and code box)
and im not paying out for a haynes manual that i am only going to use once.. for something that should be on the internet already!

when i turn the key to ignition the fuel pump comes on for a few seconds then turns off.. as normal.

however i go to start the car and get nothing??
when the key is removed from the loop aerial i still get the pump "prime" the system.

my guess is that i have wired the pump into something wrong, and the code system is STILL giving me hell! even with all the right keys boxes and ECU!

anybody have any ideas?

and i just really want to put this out into the world:
i find it super impressive that there are absolutely NO punto 75 wiring schematics out there on the internet at all! its insane! everything but the punto 75! its kinda one of those things where you want to ask the whole world..
"wtf guys.. why dont you help another guy out and just clearly tell people what colour wire goes where.
- anyone who wants to put a P75 engine in an another car"

when i find out what wire does what i WILL make a diagram and give out what colour wire goes where.

Last edited:
Back