Paul's new wheels

Currently reading:
Paul's new wheels

But I am a man of function, not of looks. I like having a CD player but couldn't care less really about alloys adding to my insurance! I would go by the book as per usual and state it has alloys if they aren't genuine fiat ones that might be standard???

Anyway, light will be shed on it in the morning!

dave said:
how can towing it be safer than driving unless you have a dolly or a frame, you have no servo or pas when towing.

oh an dont be one of them twits that has hazards on, they not for towing, people wont know what way you going with them on

Got a proper light board, a warning sign and static towbar, can run the engine for servo and PAS....

This is the third time we will have done it from the same place!

Anyway, if it doesn't feel right we will just pay somebody to transport it.

ok but still don't know why you would possibly want to tow it at all. If it don't work why did you buy it? If it does work why not just drive it?

hmallett said:
Be careful! Women might interpret that as, "I'm ugly" :p
H

That's fine by me!

I am so tired, I haven't slept properly for 3 weeks, I have to be up tomorrow at 7am to take my dad to work. But I get to drive his car :D!

Looks like you're right Dave (thought they have done it plenty of times before) - will ask him to just get it transported back instead, shouldn't be more than £30 and keep legal :)

I know but apparently since the towed car is still being steered it needs to be insured (I am only a named driver under my dad's policy) - could get away with MOT/TAX if prebooked an MOT of course since it's not too far away. Will see what we agree in the morning, my Grandpa's friend that would have towed for us had a dolly but never used it so flogged it. Grr!

you know me :( Own worst enemy!

It's only about 6-7 miles lol.

Just got a quote this morning, £60! I said I'd call him back ;) In my day we used to take cars from the salvage auction (double the distance) and it cost £30 and that was crashed/damaged cars!

On a plus note I re-ordered a XL mera peak coat arriving on tuesday (great, going back to uni on sunday ;)). The large fit "ok" apart from when I put on a third layer underneath when it became a little tight.

Going to keep calling around, inc. dolly hire. My dad said "you're being stupid if you're so bothered I WILL DRIVE IT" lol, so maybe he will do that.

Let your dad drive it, then shop him to the police for driving without tax, MOT or insurance. I'm sure he'll see the funny side! :D
H

i'm sure he would have done ;)

Right....here is the car pictures, there's many good points and many bad points but since I am at home and with my gf I can't really explain much yet...

But pics as promised.

side.jpg

engine.jpg

back.jpg

Side one was after a quick clean, others not.

Nice (y)

Bravo/a way-tidier than the Stilo that replaced them. 1.2 16v is a great little motor too, more than up to the job.

Enjoy :)

Back