Technical Particulate Filter Regenration Constant

Currently reading:
Technical Particulate Filter Regenration Constant

kw pwr

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but seems the first did not go through. Having issues with my 2008, 1.9 MJT, 8 valve. Cleaning cycle comes on every 50 km and if you are on the Autostrada, it frequently never goes off!

Once the car is up to temp if you are in 4th or 5th gear, power drops (3.300 rpm(max). Goes fast, just no acceleration.. No turbo boost when you step on the pedal! Turn key off andon and all is instatly fine. Loss of power does NOT occur if you are in the same drive but using Cruise Control. Does do a carbon burn however. Loss of power does not occur if you stay in 2 or 3rd gears up and down hills and curves on small roads until you slip into 4th. Key off and on and all is well again.

Fiat dealer is no help but am going back a third time in the am. Anybody have a clue?
Thanks in advance.

There seems to be two different things going on. There is regeneration as the temp rises slightly, the fuel consumption goes way up and you can smell the burn. The dealer knows there is a regenration issue going on but cannot clear it.
There is also the power loss issue occuring at the same time. I should have made two posts but who knows they really are unrelated.

Temp of what rises, and what burning smell? Shouldn't have a burning smell during a regen. How have you come to the conclusion of a regen, only similarity there is MPG drop on instant readout, but a number of other issues could cause the same.

Yeah you do get a smell on regen with the DPF on the Bravo, it even tells you about it in the handbook. The only time you notice it is when you stop and get out the car however, not while in it and its not overpowering.

Yeah you do get a smell on regen with the DPF on the Bravo, it even tells you about it in the handbook. The only time you notice it is when you stop and get out the car however, not while in it and its not overpowering.

Can't say I've noticed it in my 7 months of ownership - I must be lucky :p

I've had mine since September 2009 and it does do it, its occasional and I suspect only when its just been regenerating when I have stopped. Its almost like a faint brake burning smell you get but as I say its rare to actually notice it.

Fingers crossed it continues to work. I have done 56k now and its happening, well according to my diagnostics, but apart from that you wouldn't know it was happening. Only issue I had was one year doing short runs for the month and I got a warning that the environmental filter was clogged and to drive it a bit at constant speed, that resolved itself after a ten mile dual carriageway run.

Back