Technical Part identification and repair (cooling related)

Currently reading:
Technical Part identification and repair (cooling related)

FreakyGrkMalaka

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for some help on identifying and removing/repairing the cooling related part that's located above the oil filter on my 900cc Scicento S. The rubber pipe sits behind the exhaust manifold, and connects onto a part. That's where the water is leaking from. Rather badly. It is circled on the picture (I hope it's Attached) on the picture, it's labeled (2)
I also need to know how to remove and or fix/replace

Attachments

• IMG_20210627_000915.jpg
    IMG_20210627_000915.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 50
Are you sure your engine is 900cc?

That pic is of the 1108cc engine.
Item "2" in that pic is the coolant pump.

I'm 99.98% sure it's the 900cc. Its my mom's car.
How ever the location of the leak is 100% accurate.
That #2 is where the water is leaking, would it be the same on the 900cc??

How would I go about removing the pump??

On the 900cc engine, the exhaust manifold and the oil filter are on the back of the engine. Completely different to the 1108 which has them on the front.

On the 900 the coolant pump is separate from the engine.
On the 1108 it fits into the engine in the usual modern way.

On the 900cc engine, the exhaust manifold and the oil filter are on the back of the engine. Completely different to the 1108 which has them on the front.

On the 900 the coolant pump is separate from the engine.
On the 1108 it fits into the engine in the usual modern way.

OK then with this info, changes everything. Yea, it's the 1108. The exhaust manifold is in front of the engine, where the bonnet latch is.
Coolent leaking just above the oil filter.
Unfortunately I cannot see clearly where and how it's leaking from the pump

It can be leaking from the water pump itself, but also from the rubber seal that is on the pipe that goes in front of the engine. I added a picture so you can see better what it looks like.

Attachments

• 20190517_151342.jpg
    20190517_151342.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 42
It can be leaking from the water pump itself, but also from the rubber seal that is on the pipe that goes in front of the engine. I added a picture so you can see better what it looks like.

That looks like the exact same motor.
It's a slight leak when the car isn't running, and major when the car is running.
How much of a mission is to replace the rubber seal or the pump??? (right above the oil filter)

The rubber seal around the pipe is basically 1 bolt, 1 hose and then pull it out from left to right. If you want to do the water pump you also need to replace the timing belt and tension roller. How much of a mission depends on your skils ;) i can do it with my eyes closed tho.

The rubber seal around the pipe is basically 1 bolt, 1 hose and then pull it out from left to right. If you want to do the water pump you also need to replace the timing belt and tension roller. How much of a mission depends on your skils ;) i can do it with my eyes closed tho.

Ha ha that's awesome. Judging by the picture, I'm guessing that it's easy with the engine removed. Is it possible to do the job with rhe engine still in the car, and the car parked on the side of the road (outside my place of residence)

In the picture the engine is in the car. Only the front bumper, radiator and exhaust manifold are removed. It is very doable in the car aswell. The bolt tbat holds the pipe should be accessible next to the exhaust manifold. And then you will pull the pipe to the right.

Attachments

• 20190517_151339.jpg
    20190517_151339.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 30
  • 20190518_112450.jpg
    20190518_112450.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 20190517_155136.jpg
    20190517_155136.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Back