Yorkshire Panday 5! Pandarers & Friends, Mission: Yorkshire Dales (7th & 8th September)

Currently reading:
Yorkshire Panday 5! Pandarers & Friends, Mission: Yorkshire Dales (7th & 8th September)

Panday 5! Pandarers & Friends, Mission: Yorkshire Dales (7th & 8th September)
Posted by AndyPanda4x4
Masham, North Yorkshire
Sunday, September 8, 2013 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, September 8, 2013 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
EVENT
Panday 5! Pandarers & Friends, Mission: Yorkshire Dales.

WHEN
September 7th - A drive in the dales
September 8th - A green laning day suitable for both 2 and 4 wheel drive vehicles

WHERE
Meet Point Directions (Masham Recreational Ground both days) Exiting the A1 at Junction 50 onto the A6055, taking the second exit (straight over) at the first roundabout after the slip road. 3 miles along the A6055, at the roundabout take the first exit onto the B6267 towards Masham. Stay on this road all the way until it ends at the junction onto the A6108. At this junction take a right turn towards Masham. One mile down the A6108 you will reach Masham Bridge over the River Ure, on the far side of the bridge on the left hand side is Masham Recreational Ground (a grass field which looks nice) this is where we are meeting.
Alternatively if you are wanting to use a satnav or check the distance my postcode is HG4 4HQ - this will give you the same route.

PEOPLE WHO MAY ATTEND
fiatforum.com members & friends only, this event has been organised for the Panda (classic) section, although members from the new Panda section are also invited but PLEASE PM ME FIRST BEFORE JOINING! We can't have more than 16 cars BY LAW in an organised group on a green lane at once - Classic Pandas have first preference, if there are too many you may have to miss out. LOWERED VEHICLES ARE NOT ADVISED TO COME OFF ROAD ON SUNDAY!

YOU WILL NEED

A Panda, a packed lunch (including flask of course), a passenger if you want and plenty of fuel!

Hello all,

I am organising this little jaunt for us all into the Yorkshirey wilderness. For a while we have taked about it but now it's time for action!
The plan is for two days worth of events to take place on the 7th & 8th of september (saturday & sunday), you are invited to attend
as much or as little as you like!

Saturday 7th September

Meet Point - Masham Recreational Ground (see directions)

Meet Time - Between 1:00pm & 2:00pm (in view of departing at 2:00PM)

As some people are wanting to come up from afar and stay the night so they aren't doing alot of driving on the sunday, I am proposing an afternoon drive out on the saturday into the heart of the Yorkshire dales (my doorstep) to take in some B roads and some lovely scenery. This is also open to all - i.e if you aren't wanting to join in with the green laning then this day will be great for you to join in the fun. The route planned for this day is roughly 40 miles an will consist of 100% Tarmac (and maybe a pub!).
We will head out on the moor top roads to Pateley Bridge, then on over Greenhow Hill (1 in 3 at points!) to Stump Cross Caverns. Heading from here over to Kettlewell taking the top road to Hawes, this includes "The Rollercoaster" - a fantastic section of drivers' road! From Hawes over to Semerwater, a glacial lake for (hopefully) some amazing scenery and photos. From here it's half an hours drive down some great roads back to the start point.

Sunday 8th September

Meet Point - Masham Recreational Ground (see directions)

Meet Time - Between 10:30am & 11:30am (in view of departing at 11:30)

As it has previously been proposed, I am planning a full days worth of green laning on the sunday down legal byways that are very suitable for 2 wheel drive Pandas aswell as 4 wheel drive ones. The route consists of between 15 and 20 miles of dirt, puddles and a few rocks, with a load of fantastic remote scenery plus a few climbs and descents for good measure.

Highlighted on the map in RED are the tracks suitable for all, and in BLUE the tracks that are advised as 4x4 only. I have a route planned that will cover the majority of these routes plus for an hour at the end of the day (providing people still have time to stick around) we're going to an undisclosed location for a bit bit more fun!

ADVISORY FOR SUNDAY

I have driven the track in 2wd and it is very much accessible, although there are rocks, some mud and puddles on the surface. There will be no rushing whilst we are up there the pace will be slow, steady and careful, by all means go at your own pace. There will be several stops along the route for checks and to help each other out over various sections. There are a couple of sections along the track where the 4x4 vehicles have the option to go a different way through trickier going - at your own risk.
As I am organising this event I am ultimately responsible for taking you on these byways - if we get any trouble along the way (not that we should) I am the one who will sort it out. I WILL NOT take anybody anywhere that they are not comfortable with, I also have no intention of causing damage to other people's vehicles. For the same reasons it's upto you guys to behave sensibly and stick to the trails, plus you need to tell me if you aren't happy with anything (we will discuss this more on the day).

ACCOMODATION

Leeming Bar Lodge - J51 off A1 (Available to look at online)
Single Room on that weekend 10th/11th - £53
Double/Twin Room on that weekend 10th/11th - £64
(Prices include full english!)

Vale of York Guesthouse - Thirsk 11m from start point (Available to look at online)
Twin Room - £55
Family Room - £33
(Prices include breakfast!)

Western Guesthouse - Richmond 13m from start point (Available to look at online)
Single Room - £50
(Price includes breakfast)

Travelodge - Scotch Corner & Skeeby 18m from start point - This is North of us (Available to look at on Travelodge website)
Double Room (Scotch Corner) - £38
Double Room (Skeeby) - £37

Depending on whether you would rather find another travelodge on the way up the prices are around £38-£55 in our area (Wetherby to Scotch Corner)

Camping is also available!

No Pandas will be hurt during the making of this Panday!

The video of Sunday's route is now up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl5L46JYBSc

Pictures will follow :)

Any questions - PM me (y)

Last edited:
Re: Panday 5! Pandarers & Friends, Mission: Yorkshire Dales (7th & 8th September)

Of course - you are the recovery vehicle, to drag me home when i break down!! :rolleyes:

Haha, I see, didn't realise I had been given an official role:D Best get one of these if purple haze is coming, he'll need to know where to attach the rope:devil:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-ATTACH-TOYOTA-HERE-CAR-STICKER-towbar-land-rover-/130839887889?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e76aa4011

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Re: Panday 5! Pandarers & Friends, Mission: Yorkshire Dales (7th & 8th September)

Fizzle won't be lowered or wearing fancy alloys for this!

Just need to take off front bumper for the day though to save the fog lights :eek:

Looking forward to this especially as all it will cost me is fuel as I can commute both days :D

This sounds great! Really looking forward to it :D

Thanks for doing this Andy, looks like you've thought of everything, very well organised. :worship:

This sounds great! Really looking forward to it :D

Thanks for doing this Andy, looks like you've thought of everything, very well organised. :worship:

Yes sounds like fun! I have put my name down but I will be in same car as VmanC in Oslo. So please don't count me as one of the 16. I would hate to deprive someone of a space.

To represent the mk1 4x4 Massive I will do my very best to be there for this. 99% sure I will be able to make the sunday, but I will be racing the Marbella at Wiscombe Park in Devon on the saturday so I've got a road trip and a half!! 2 days, 2 pandas...But if something bad happens to the Marbella, my plans will be much harder to achieve haha!! :devil: Will make for an epic Panda weekend though :slayer:

Si

Any passenger seats going spare;)

Hi matey, hope you are well. I'm bringing a friend up with me but if he cannot make it I will let you know.

On another note, this will be the furthest north I've been I think...Cadwell park is as far as I've been that I can remember :eek:

Cheers young man hope your ok :)

Back