General panda

Currently reading:
General panda

rich hemmings

ok i'm just looking at the panda at the mo and just want any info and advice about it any good and bads points any probs u have with them and what are the good points about owning one??

also would i beable to get one for £4000??

thanks

rich

Good points: Excellent fuel economy from petrol engine,very light and easy to drive,value for money,looks,comfy ride

Bad points: needs a bit more power (1.2),buy a model with sliding rear seat,Stereo not up too much

Would you buy another one? Yes I would but the multijet next time or may upgrade to a Grande Punto for the extra space
Shouldn't be too much of a problem finding one close to your budget

rich hemmings said:
ok i'm just looking at the panda at the mo and just want any info and advice about it any good and bads points any probs u have with them and what are the good points about owning one??

also would i beable to get one for £4000??

thanks

rich

which one are you interested in? i thought you were interested in a punto or a stilo, or are you interested in the whole fiat range :confused:

I have a 1.2 eleganza/emotion (dualogic,skydome) and I really think the engine has way enough oomph. Fuel economy is great, very comfy seats, looks great (me thinks) and very quiet too. I would definately buy it again.

I like what they did with the head lights and dash: nothing! Just your good ole' square head lights and the stereotype speedometer and tachometer; why change a winning formula.

The 1.3 diesel certainly has the better engine, but in my case I don't drive nearly enough for the difference in gas to pay the price difference of the car. And, like I said, the 1.2 suits me just fine. It does 130kmh/80mph without problems.

thsnks guys, thats brillant yeah i was gonna have a stilo but now my list has changed so it is either the;
1) punto
2) panda (i think that i will be going for this!)

thanks

rich

Good points - well made, no major problems. (engines don't fall out that often!)
Bad points - Not likely to pull the laydeez in them ;)

Could you get one for £4000? You could definitely get an Active for that. However, I think the 1.2 engine is the one you want, as the 1.1 is apparently underpowered, and I don't think you'd get a MultiJet for that.
Some dealers near me have Dynamics at £4500. So it should be possible to get one for £4k with some haggling.
H

thanks for that, that is the news that i wanted to hear.

Where is that dealer so i can look@ the website!

thanks

rich

Last edited:
The dealer is near wrexham, speed six. Just go to your local dealers and see what they have on offer.

When H got the panda before we even said anything they knocked £500 off the list price then after some bargaining we got another £300 knocked off but bearing in mind the sporting is about £9k list anyway.

rich hemmings said:
Where is that dealer so i can look@ the website!
That's just off AutoTrader! There's loads of them around between £4k and £4.5k. The rest is just down to your haggling skills :)
H

The dealer is near wrexham, speed six. Just go to your local dealers and see what they have on offer.

When H got the panda before we even said anything they knocked £500 off the list price then after some bargaining we got another £300 knocked off but bearing in mind the sporting is about £9k list anyway.

EDIT:

Heres some off Auto trader

Back