Styling Panda with 15” Alfa teledials?

Currently reading:
Styling Panda with 15” Alfa teledials?

Hi there,

I bought some alloys site unseen just knowing they’re 4x98. For a good price too!
I still haven’t got time to see them up close next to my car but they’re quite big. Going for 13” steelies to these are a big step. The tyres are 195/55/15.

They’ve recently being sand blasted and i just sprayed them over with some silver spray.

Will the panda suit these? I couldn’t really find any good alloys to replace the steelies and once these popped up on fb marketplace I had to give them a try.

Attachments

• FB31A1E8-CB72-4DC7-8EDF-4BAA7C4FA799.jpeg
    FB31A1E8-CB72-4DC7-8EDF-4BAA7C4FA799.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 6BD114C8-6BA8-4B4F-B2CF-07AA0CE735B2.jpg
    6BD114C8-6BA8-4B4F-B2CF-07AA0CE735B2.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 29
Hi there,

I bought some alloys site unseen just knowing they’re 4x98. For a good price too!
I still haven’t got time to see them up close next to my car but they’re quite big. Going for 13” steelies to these are a big step. The tyres are 195/55/15.

They’ve recently being sand blasted and i just sprayed them over with some silver spray.

Will the panda suit these? I couldn’t really find any good alloys to replace the steelies and once these popped up on fb marketplace I had to give them a try.

Now this I want to see.

195 50 15 on the 100hp are super close to rubbing the wheel are liners and the inner wheel arc on full lock that one size bigger would most likely cause an issue.
They can also scrub over larger bumps with passengers.

If you have a normal panda, it being jacked up a bit more may help, but I think it will cause some issues.

Will the panda suit these?.

They will suit much better than the awful steel wheels - mine were horribly rusted. What you have is the same as mine in terms of overall diameter, circumference and revs/mile. I have used 14" rims though.

There is clearance for 185. I decided to shim the top joint of the anti roll bar drop arm - something the fitter suggested - as too much of the thread was protruding. I did this because the clearance was mighty close. 195s might touch but as I said it is possible to shim the joint and take away that problem.

I found only when on the road that one wheel's sidewall slightly rubbed the chassis on full left lock despite being clear while up in the air.

Yours might rub as you have used a "thicker" tyre but it depends on the offset/inset and the position of the tyre wall's bulge. You have opted for 195 which is a wider tyre than my 185s.

Also beings alloys which are a thicker rim centres than the steels I had to use longer wheel bolts. The bolts had to be a certain maximum length because I discovered that length was critical as any protrusion into, and past, the hub meant the bolt would catch the springs for the brakes at the back and similar at the front.

However, once sorted and on the tyres are superb. They are Toyo nanos. The car is silent on the road and grips like anything. Some purists think winter needs skinny wheels but what the hey.

My 100HP alloys are "threpenny bit" (50p) shape and would cost silly money to straighten and refinish only to have them buckle again. I fitted 15 x 6J ET30 pepper pot steels running 195-15-50 tyres. The larger aspect ratio (standard is 45) do affect the speedo but its now pretty accurate. If my speedo says 70 them I'm actually going at 70 rather than 67.

You need to have the correct offset (ET) if its too far inward the tyre can hit the gearbox (six speed), but you could correct with spacers. However, if it's too far out you risk a steering wobble as the castor angle and steering pivot point argue with each other.

This gives the sizes for the 1.3 Multi-jet
https://sizemywheels.com/pcd/fiat/panda/13d-169/2003

This is for the 100HP
https://sizemywheels.com/pcd/fiat/panda/14i-169

Too little offset will cause a steering wobble on cornering as the outside edge of the tyre loads up. ET30 or ET32 should not make much difference but it does look borderline when the 14 inch rims have ET35 and ET38.

Last edited:
The previous owner of one of my 100's had fitted alfa teledials. I say fitted, they were installed. They did not fit. They had an offset of 49.5 meaning they didnt just rub, they scraped the arches and the drop links.

My 15" track wheels (195/50/15) have an offset of 40 and I run a 5mm spacer to make sure they clear (The wheels clear the body fine, but you have to be careful where you put the balancing weights wrt to the caliper).

Attachments

• IMG_20210821_124347_1 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210821_124347_1 (1).jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 43
  • track1_2.JPG
    track1_2.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210821_125423.jpg
    IMG_20210821_125423.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 48
The previous owner of one of my 100's had fitted alfa teledials. I say fitted, they were installed. They did not fit. They had an offset of 49.5 meaning they didnt just rub, they scraped the arches and the drop links.

My 15" track wheels (195/50/15) have an offset of 40 and I run a 5mm spacer to make sure they clear (The wheels clear the body fine, but you have to be careful where you put the balancing weights wrt to the caliper).

Sorry OP I just wanted to say im loving the gold wheels against the black paintwork. A bit John Player Special if you will.

I suspect that 35 offset is a better compromise than the 30 or 32 specced for the 6.5J and 195 tyres. The issue is the inside of the wheel/tyre fouling on full lock and failing MOT or worse.

Teledials with spacers do make sense as you can tune the offset with spacers (though simple flat discs will need flanges to centre the wheel). More ET seems to be better. My ET30 pepperpot steels are on the offset limit TBH. But wheel style painted silver does suit the car in a classic Alfa Spyder sort of way.

Last edited:
Hi guys, a lot has happened since I made this thread. I no longer own the Alfa wheels, I sold them straight away after I dragged one along next to my car to see if it will ‘pass’.

Got some profit from selling them and now I’m looking for Eleganza alloys. If anyone is selling those wheels or have any 4x98 alloys which would fit the panda please let me know.

I was going to lower my car until I found out the active trim has stiff suspension so there’s really no point in the end. (But I’m going back forth in this decision)

I am also on there hunt for a wind deflector for rear windscreen, I was quite late to the party and it will cost £100+ just to deliver to the UK.

Last edited:
Check out my steel wheels thread.
https://www.fiatforum.com/panda/478907-centre-cap-trims-steel-wheels.html?478907=#post4520087

My only change would be to use a bright silver finish. The "steel" effect is too same with my Grigio body colour.

If going to 14s, dont go too wide get the correct offset from the sites I suggested or even phone Oponeo who are very helpful. I went for 6J x 15 to fit the set of nearly new 195s I had on the OEM alloys. If doing it again, I would go for 5J or 5.5J and 185 tyres (maybe 175 if the arches looked ok) with a deeper offset.

Back