General Panda Sport 100hp UK launch

Currently reading:
General Panda Sport 100hp UK launch

ross_sei said:
I THINK I NEED ONE OF THESE, utterly gorgeous!

Any news on what insurance groups these will be??

Cant wait until tomorrow...get some real live pictures for MPH 06!

Feel the need! If you're off the MPH'06, see if you can get someone from FIAT to admit if it has really has become a tubby-tubster... This lad is havin' fun though!

Attachments

• 061024_F_Panda100HP_15_1024.JPG
    061024_F_Panda100HP_15_1024.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 061024_F_Panda100HP_17_1024.jpg
    061024_F_Panda100HP_17_1024.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
man that is a sexy panda....
can i trade in the wife???
i like what they have done with the front bumper!!
have the changed the rear??
coz apart from that it dont look much different to the old one
wheels are darn nice though :)
does it come in ELG??

petebarchetta said:
man that is a sexy panda....
can i trade in the wife???
i like what they have done with the front bumper!!
have the changed the rear??
coz apart from that it dont look much different to the old one
wheels are darn nice though :)
does it come in ELG??

Ye baby, they've changed the rear. But Easy Listening Green is right out I'm afraid, only white, black, blue, red and grey available. By the way, could you post a picture of the wife and if I buy one I'll know if we can consider trading?!! ;) (Jeez, I hope my missus doesn't read this!)

Attachments

• 061024_F_Panda100HP_23_1024.jpg
    061024_F_Panda100HP_23_1024.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Panda Pricing

It seems to me that the Panda Sport may well price itself out of the market. Ok it has put on a few kilo's, for whatever reason and it now becomes the new flagship for the range, but I reckon that the price tag will outweigh the performance, and chase customers away.

If you consider some scottish dealers are selling pre-reg Panda Sportings for £6995, it makes the Sport look a bigger rip off.

Re: Panda Pricing

doesnt help that renault are about to release the twingo2, the basic will have 75bph, the sport with a 1.2 turbo, producing the same power as the 1.4 panda, with the basic chassis of the last gen clio, which was quite a handler

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/09102006/45/renault-twingo-0.html

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/autoexpresstv/motorshowvideos/203054/renault_twingo.html

couple this with word that later in a year a hardcore renaultsport model is due boasting 150bhp.....looks like fiat will have to get a decent abarth version out there, or be bitch slapped by french

The difference between list price and what you can actually get the car for always seems ridiculous to me. I've never had the pleasure of buying a new car, but the impression I get is that no car is ever sold at list price. So on models routinely and heavily discounted, why not list it at a lower price? Surely that can only attract more custom can't it?

Anyway, WhatCar? list the 1.3 Multijet Sporting as £9,160 with a target price of £7,721. And as Highlander said, I have had a dealer ring me and offer me a pre-registered 1.3 for £6,995. Will these deals evaporate as the MY2007 Pandas come into the country? Or will this discounting continue, in which case could the 100Hp be available for under £9k, a more realistic price?

thing is they will claw it back on the "extras" like the pandamonium pack, and the colour coding, etc. lets face it if you're going for a sport you want the nicer alloys, the red calipers, and other bits, now all that for under 9k.....tempting...

only see it take one corner, the first hairpin, at speed in full view, but does seem a lot flatter going through, albeit a touch slower than full on attack mode

i still think as per the other thread (pricing) the twingo 2, is going to kill it stoen dead on performance, handling and price, which is a shame.....

Autocar: "Panda Sport @ £9995 its a no brainer"

"Is it any good?
Yes – in fact better than good, it’s brilliant." Autocar.

All this whingeing about the price beggars belief - there is simply no better value junior hot hatch on the market now or in the near future. The UK only diesel Sporting was a cynical marketing exercise, an overpriced Dynamic with red seats and white stripes - no wonder they couldn't shift them and they have ended up being so heavily discounted. The 100hp is a serious proposition, a properly developed and well equipped sports hatch at a good price.

As for the Renaultsport Twingo I can't see that being on the market for a good 18-24 months by which time we might have Abarth Panda's & 500's and who knows what Renault might try to charge for the Twingo.

To see the Autocar first drive review: http://www.autocarmag.com/FirstDrive_Summary.asp?RT_ID=222891

Re: Autocar: "Panda Sport @ £9995 its a no brainer"

Good grief, Autocar like something that isn't a BMW! I'm delighted it appears FIAT have made it exactly the car I hoped they would; the winning line for me is "You have to work this car, but you’ll enjoy every second of it." Excellent.

As for price, I will continue to whinge but only because I'm a pauper! ;) And a Twingo will always have two doors and won't be Italian...

Last edited:
Re: Autocar: "Panda Sport @ £9995 its a no brainer"

simer said:
All this whingeing about the price beggars belief - there is simply no better value junior hot hatch on the market now or in the near future.

As for the Renaultsport Twingo I can't see that being on the market for a good 18-24 months by which time we might have Abarth Panda's & 500's and who knows what Renault might try to charge for the Twingo.

the whinge on price is because its a too high for the basic car, the extras to make it worthwhile, with local taxes will seriously harm sales, even with hefty discounts in light of the facelift making its way to us

as for the twingo, its out next year, and prepped with a 100bhp 1.2L from the go, the 150bhp will follow by years end, as i said, its gonna take a proper abarth with that 1.6T, coupled with a re-tuned chassis to to really put up a fight, renault pricing always seems to be at the keener end of the market, esp with the warm/hot hatches, a series of clios that have cemented their repututaion, and are working it hard, dont forget fiat havent had a serious contender against them for a while, and would need to offer a significant advantage to make people switch

Last edited:
May be FIAT intend the Abarth 500 to be the counter to any Turbo Twingo, rather than the Panda? It perhaps makes more sense for the Turbo Nutter engine to appear in a two door shell, a bit more sporty than Panda's more upright frame.

they also have it pegged at 975kilos.....

hooligan with a conscience!

Schwenck said:
It perhaps makes more sense for the Turbo Nutter engine to appear in a two door shell, a bit more sporty than Panda's more upright frame.

noooooo, drop the height another 20-25 mill, and really put a bad boy out there, totally left field and punching way above its weight:devil:

Last edited:
Re: 4Car review Panda Sport 100hp

simer said:
4Car say it's brilliant too :)

http://www.channel4.com/4car/di/fiat/panda/4814/1

Roll on December - that's what I say!

And I quote frm that review: "And here's one key reason why the Panda 100 HP feels so much like souped-up superminis used to feel: it weighs 975kg, which by modern standards makes it a flyweight." Brilliant!

And I've finally had a reply from FIAT today and they said "With reference to your question, we would like to confirm that the new Panda 100HP will be available for ordering through one of our authorised Fiat dealership from the 7th November 2006."

Schwenck said:
And I've finally had a reply from FIAT today and they said "With reference to your question, we would like to confirm that the new Panda 100HP will be available for ordering through one of our authorised Fiat dealership from the 7th November 2006."

thats next week!!!! coool!!! but......does that mean they will actually have a demo......when the panda first hit, every dealer i went to only had a vanilla active to demo, even they were embarassed they couldnt actually show a mid or top ranger in the metal....still, i shall be calling thames after the weekend to bug them!!!!

Jai said:
thats next week!!!! coool!!! but......does that mean they will actually have a demo...

If many more of these damn magazines let the secret out of the bag there'll be a queue round the corner at every dealers. Mind you, can't even configure it on the website yet!

ok, lunchtime today, the dealer calls up and says will have a sport next week!!!!
nothing in the way of firm pricing either for car or options, but from the paperwork he did have said kerb weight was 1015kg's.....anyway i'm looking forward to this!!

Back