General Panda Semi Auto... newbie questions... HELP

Currently reading:
General Panda Semi Auto... newbie questions... HELP

Hi.

Thanks for the help!

When I press the throttle I feel the clutch literally just biting and taking up drive it then stays in gear (does not come in and out) but jerks, I see the rev's gfoing as low as 500 rpm. Sounds like it could be a bit of both. However it is worse when cold, which may mean it could be an electronic fault such as an air flow meter or missfire?

Is there away around the clutch learn - can I get the car to do it withouy going to fiat?

Also and idea on costs for a clutch replacement and/ or 1 hour for recalibration at fiat?

Cheers!

Clutch judder is normally worse when cold, so from what you're saying it does indicate a clutch issue rather than the electronics. Missfires and such normally occur under load (high gear, low revs, throttle opened fully) and rarely at idle without feeling lumpy when stationary.

As far as I know there aren't any aftermarket diagnostic machines that have the Duallogic software, and the procedure involves writing data to the ECU memory afterwards- disconnecting the battery or similar won't do it.;)

Clutch replacement is around 3.5 hours (plus a small amount for the learning procedure) and the cost of the parts. Labour rate varies across the country, but £60+ VAT is average. Cars that are 3+ Years old can usually have a small discount on labour too.

(y)

Fixed!

Can drives 100% better! 5 min job to clean throttle body! 2 bolts, some cleaner and a rag! So easy, so worth the effort!

:)

Does anyone know if the 1.4 twin cam engines can be modified to work on this duallogic system? i.e. If I changed the engine head, ECU etc is this a simple power upgrade? Anyone know what exactly is involved?

Back