General panda selecta for sale (not mine).

Currently reading:
General panda selecta for sale (not mine).

I spotted a black 900 Dance outside a Tescos near me. £95, no offers. Looks pretty tatty though! Lots of filler on the doors and sills, scratched to buggery... although the Fiat badge on the front was unusually shiny!

christopher watson said:
you should have come up to newcastle whilst at stockton, as you could have got some selecta parts.
We'll be able to swap next time... I have a box of bits that i have reclaimed discarded or don't need yet. a pair of wiper moters to anyone who gives me a rear bumper. choice of mk1 or 2 electric motor on it.

christopher watson said:
if the wiper motor doesnt 'over wipe', then i will swap you for a good back bumper (not mine, but i know where i can get a good one).
How can you tell if it 'over wipes'?... i have got 2 front and one rear motor one arm (but the spindle at the end is a bit smooth, arm not motor that is.). I bought one in a box of mk2 bits (the stepped design one) the other i took of the 93 1000s. needless to say i cobbled the best bits together for myself.

Last edited:
Tony M said:
How can you tell if it 'over wipes'?... i have got 2 front and one rear motor one arm (but the spindle at the end is a bit smooth, arm not motor that is.).
It's likely to "over wipe" if the arm is a sloppy fit on the spindle you describe above as "a bit smooth".

When the glass is very wet, and there's not much friction between the wiper blade and glass, the inertia of the arm will take it beyond the point where it aught to stop if the arm isn't a tight fit on the spindle.

John H said:
It's likely to "over wipe" if the arm is a sloppy fit on the spindle you describe above as "a bit smooth".

When the glass is very wet, and there's not much friction between the wiper blade and glass, the inertia of the arm will take it beyond the point where it aught to stop if the arm isn't a tight fit on the spindle.
Ah, well when the spindle and wiper were on the car someone had padded out the spindle with something grey, which was probably a glue/filler of some kind. So i just wanted to tidy that up. there's still little groves on the spindle... tell you what i will sort out some pics today so you can judge for yourselves. I'll put up a provisional list of spares/bits that i have collected...

Here are some pics of the wipers and other items that i have knocking around...
wiper_motor.jpg

here's the bit that the wiper sticks onto in theory anyway
knarly.jpg

and the other clutter that lives in a plastic bag.
other_bits.jpg

christopher watson said:
how much for the ciggy lighter.
How much for the rear bumper :) ?

i have got 2 ciggy lighters but no rear bumper... I'll pay for the bumper you can have the lighter as a finders fee.

christopher watson said:
the panda rear bumper is at Gosforth Autos, and is £10.
They would send that to me if i paid i guess?... this is the place is it?Waggon Way, Wideopen, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear NE13 6PJ.
I'll give them a call tomorrow.

PM me with your address young man :) i'll sort the light out tomorrow.

Back