General Panda raid boys are back!

Currently reading:
General Panda raid boys are back!

BUMP!!

This sounds far too cool to pass-up so I am hoping to attempt it this year. Qing Qing is the likely choice for the event (being the only one working at the moment :eek: and the Marbella being a bit over tuned for such an event :D)

So who else is in? :devil:

link for more information here (translation required though):
http://www.pandaraid.com/edicion-2013/donde-y-cuando.html

Not cheap but as far as a holiday goes and the amount of support the event gets I think it's pretty good value.

Si

I would LOVE to do this, can't believe i missed the thread in June.

Can you get a boat back to the UK from Morocco?

Would give me great satisfaction and pride to complete this in a 4x4, especially mine.

Tis fair pricey though!

I would LOVE to do this, can't believe i missed the thread in June.

Can you get a boat back to the UK from Morocco?

Would give me great satisfaction and pride to complete this in a 4x4, especially mine.

Tis fair pricey though!

Two ways to get back....drive to northern Spain for the boat. You can do this in a day..a long long long day. Or then drive on through France, which is the same milage but only takes a long day. Done it four times..simple.

Any advice needed about crossing into morrocco..and you will need it!...just ask.

It's only my pathological fear of people talking about me in a language I don't understand that's stopping me from going (Living in Wales was a nightmare) :devil:

and the lack of a 4x4

and money

and mum

Did I mention my pathological fear of foreign languages?

Might be a bit more expensive than I thought actually:

http://www.pandaraid.com/participantes/inscripcion.html

2k euros if I understand correctly; will have a little sleep on this as I already have to buy 5 days more holiday to do it it could be getting a tad expensive this year!! Although it is between 2 people so still do-able.

Or please tell me I have misunderstood and I can go still :D I think it is still worth the money for the amount of support you get though.

Ok... if registration goes smoothly Qing Qing is going to Morocco!! :devil:

Lifes too short:D

So QingQings journey started here...
0782_1.JPG

2008 - Back on the road after 14 years off road and almost ready for the first drive (where she breaks down due to a dodgy dizzy cap on the M5 :eek:):
DSCI1246.JPG

Anyway, fully restored and off to the Alps in 2009:
DSCI1901.JPG

Her today having survived a fat BMW mini related smash:
DSCI2992.JPG

:cool:More to come! I hope :eek: :slayer:

Si

Gutted, my co-driver is not allowed to get the extra holidays so this is now just going to have to wait a year. So damn close!! :cry:

Oh well, maybe we can get more of us to go next year? There was only one other Brit going this year and the organisers are quite keen to get people from all nationalities involved.

Plenty of time to plan now as well I supoose

Gutted, my co-driver is not allowed to get the extra holidays so this is now just going to have to wait a year. So damn close!! :cry:

Oh well, maybe we can get more of us to go next year? There was only one other Brit going this year and the organisers are quite keen to get people from all nationalities involved.

Plenty of time to plan now as well I supoose

Hmmm, will have to think about this one!

It's 2000euros per car so 1000 euros per person. For that you get mechanical support, ferry crossings, food, Hotel and the rally :D Fuel is not included of course though and so being that many miles it will be a bit more on top of it all. We estimated about 1700euros pp in total (2 people per car) which included us getting a ferry from Portsmouth to Caen.

It's not cheap but to get 100 or more pandas rallying through some amazing scenery doing crazy stuff like desert skiing (want to try this! lol :devil:) I think it's worth it. But there are much cheaper thrills out there and it does take a fair bit of planning. Car insurance was one of the things you need to get which pretty much no british policies will cover. From reading Landy forums you have to buy a green card and insurance for Morocco at the port before entering the country. I think only 85 euros for a month.

Anyway, plenty of time to think about it now! :eek:

Back