General Panda Prices

Currently reading:
General Panda Prices

S-X-I

Established member
Just had a look on FiatSupaSaver and was shocked at the price increases.

Last week they had the 100HP at £8195 and now its £9195 :eek:

Perry's still have the 100HP at £7995 but that is with scrappage discount included.

The standard price for the 100HP has also hit the £11000 mark which I would now consider being over priced.

I know VAT has went back up to 17.5% but surely the increase is a bit steep.

Last edited:
Just had a look on FiatSupaSaver and was shocked at the price increases.

Last week they had the 100HP at £8195 and now its £9195 :eek:

Perry's still have the 100HP at £7995 but that is with scrappage discount included.

The standard price for the 100HP has also hit the £11000 mark which I would now consider being over priced.

I know VAT has went back up to 17.5% but surely the increase is a bit steep.

These prices sound steep but you need to compare them with the competition. Supply and demand - and the weak pound.

I assume Fiat are trying to find out where they should be priced after selling well recently. Wonder if they're building in some slack to offer "discounts" when the scrappage stops. When I bought my 100HP in October 2008 I got delivery in a week and 3000 quid off list; negotiated almost as much off Mrs b u's MJ, bought at the same time and delivered in a fortnight.

I agree the prices do seem crazy, but other cars have gone up too. The Twingo GT is just over £11000, and that must be one of the Pandas biggest competitors.

I don't think the scrappage scheme has done us an favours. The weak pound wouldn't help, but the scrappage scheme must be costing them another £1000.

not sure the scrappage scheme cost the manufacturers at all, if the car cost 7000, but pre scrappage they discounted it to 5500, 'cost' them 1500.
Post scrappage - us taxpayers give them a 1000 so now the discount only 'costs' the manufacturer 500, if they put the prices up as well then maybe it costs nothing and their profits are better than ever before.
There have been a few articles about manufacturers putting prices up, more rises are on the way I've read though whether they will stick is another matter. Ford have upped theirs a lot but I read there are some enormous discounts available.
Begining to think my 100 hp was a snip at 8245 in red with skydome. Looked at web site last night and full price was 11770, can't imagine anyone paying that.

Last week I was quoted in the region of £10100 for a 100HP with metallic paint and skydome (OTR Price). Another branch quoted £8788 base price earlier this week. Even with those options I woudn't be looking to pay any more than 10K for the car right now.

Quite! I've now been given a quote of £9988 for a new HP with skydome and paint. Not sure how good or bad that price is(?) SA, are you able to advise? You've not long bought yours with almost identical spec I think? Who did you buy from? Are they still offering the same price as you paid?

Used prices are up crazy amounts too.

Shouldn't less demand = LOWER prices? Not when it comes to cars by the looks of things. Dealers trying to make the same money with fewer sales?

I'm guessing the higher sticker prices mean more room for negotiation, but possibly not.

that 5995 price in the pdf for the 1.2 Panda Dynamic eco isn't a million miles away from what I paid for mine with the staff discount + scrappage...although I did spec metallic paint...

The panda prices jumped up £250 with the series two announcement and a further £300 or so for staff in October and now it seems Fiat have revised them back down to take the sting of the VAT out a little and squeeze the last scrappage customers out - talk about bad timing! :)

The wait must be astronomical by now though, with all those '500' customers waiting etc...

Muser, mine came from FiatSupasaver, ordered mid September, collected 1 December. It was 7495 + 250 for red paint + 500 for the skydome so 8245. Seems they want 9980 now to pay for the bigger wing mirrors. As I recall this time last year, just 12 months ago, the price with those options would have been 7945. Prices do seem to have leapt.

So are you saying that £9988 for that lot isn't too far out?

Muser, mine came from FiatSupasaver, ordered mid September, collected 1 December. It was 7495 + 250 for red paint + 500 for the skydome so 8245. Seems they want 9980 now to pay for the bigger wing mirrors. As I recall this time last year, just 12 months ago, the price with those options would have been 7945. Prices do seem to have leapt.
Probably has a lot to do with the 10 reg coming up as well.

with the 2010 plates coming out, what will it make my 07 plate 4x4 with 17000 miles worth?

with the 2010 plates coming out, what will it make my 07 plate 4x4 with 17000 miles worth?

11693815268271Doddlebug%20Bright%20Assortment%20Buttons%20469.jpg

i had one dealer offer a pittance for the eleganza at three years, "we've got people queuing up for this spec, this is our best offer" worked out better to hold on to the car and run it normally

The gap between private prices and dealer prices seems to have opened up a fair bit. By all accounts the dealers arent having a hard time at the moment for quite a few brands so everyone is upping the prices. maybe the demographic who always by cars from dealers are still doing so and its the private buyers that have dried up?

Not even worth trying for a trade in at the moment, I reckon the 'times are hard' line would be used a fair bit although they seem to be making £1000+ more on every car being sold.

There are 40kmile Panda Sportings still for sale at £6k, they are never going to sell but what does that make mine worth more at trade it or less because they cant sell the ones they have. Especially as list price for a multijet seems to be near the £10k mark now. (hopefully preparing the market for the MJ2 but unlikely)

Everything has a price but I think to sell quickly privately you are looking at 60% of the dealer asking price.

11693815268271Doddlebug%20Bright%20Assortment%20Buttons%20469.jpg

i had one dealer offer a pittance for the eleganza at three years, "we've got people queuing up for this spec, this is our best offer" worked out better to hold on to the car and run it normally

buttons......................................LOL

There's not enough decent 1-3yr old low milage cars that dealers love to sell about. People who normally trade their cars in after a few years are tightening there belts, thus reducing the supply of good quality trade-ins to the dealers hence prices rise due to supply/demand.

Back