Panda Mk 3 1.3Multijet 4x4

Currently reading:
Panda Mk 3 1.3Multijet 4x4

Koos Krokodil

Bonsoir dear community of Fiat lovers. I have been the proud owner of a 2010 169 4x4 1.3 Multijet.

Splendid car, but always noted that during idle the rpm seems to dip.

FFW to yesterday when my car started but have no power whatsoever, no waring lights on the panel nothing. Few things I have done since, removed and cleaned the MAS, the MAP, and checked that the waste gate works on the turbo, no issues there.

I started it up after the cleaning, doesn't rev past 3000rpm. After it sat a few minutes idling, I was suddenly able to rev it through to 5000rpm, lots of black smoke, so much so the soot tarnished the soil. After a few more minutes of idle, same thing doesn't rev past 3000rpm.

I haven't got a fault code reader, which one does you guys recommend ? Does this issue sound familiar to some?

I don't hope that its the dreaded EGR valve , because then I need to employ child labour to access the cramped spaces on the engine, and currently child labour is illegal in France:)

Thanking everyone in advance for their recommendations or suggestions

I once disconnected teh intercooler pipes on my Citroen BX. This removed boost competely. It sounds exactly like that behaved. (40mph max!) It seems you have no boost pressure. So There are loads of possibilities if this is the case. I would stary by checking all the pipes on the pressure side of the turbo and possibly the intercooler as well for leaks if there is one. A diagnostic would probably give reliable indicators of where the problem lies.

Could also be the turbo the relief / by pass wastegate.

The only silver lining is its not rocket science so a systematic check should revel the problem.

I hope this helps start things off and wish you good luck

I once disconnected teh intercooler pipes on my Citroen BX. This removed boost competely. It sounds exactly like that behaved. (40mph max!) It seems you have no boost pressure. So There are loads of possibilities if this is the case. I would stary by checking all the pipes on the pressure side of the turbo and possibly the intercooler as well for leaks if there is one. A diagnostic would probably give reliable indicators of where the problem lies.

Could also be the turbo the relief / by pass wastegate.

The only silver lining is its not rocket science so a systematic check should revel the problem.

I hope this helps start things off and wish you good luck
Thanks, I haven't touched any of the engine or intercooler components before this, but will have a look for air leaks tomorrow

is probably pop the induction pipe off the front (intake) side of the turbo and check for play on the shaft. 12/13 year old turbo diesel if its not had a turbo before its likely coming to the end of its life. it could also be the EGR valve got stuck open?

Most people here on the forum use a program called MES (multi ECU scan) you can download and have some functionality for free but it’s about £50 (dunno what they charge in €, but will then give you access to almost everything on the car

Back