Technical Panda 4x4 Intermittent Wiper Relay

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 4x4 Intermittent Wiper Relay

Hi, latest needle in haystack quest: need to get hold of a relay for the intermittent wiper setting on our 1986 4x4. It's one of the ones which sits in the fuse box, is metal bodied, and marked "Magneti Marelli 9A" and looks like this:

Anyone got a hoard of old relays? Thought I did, but this one seems to be different to the ones used on later cars.

Cash, and intermittent rain, waiting.

Thanks, David

PS If you have a problem with the intermittent wipers not working, it's worth checking this relay as that might just be the cause. Just saw Don Gilkes' thread and wondered if might help there?

Attachments

• DSC00218.JPG
    DSC00218.JPG
    527.6 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC00220.JPG
    DSC00220.JPG
    545 KB · Views: 32
Hmm, i imagine these should be obtainable at an automotive electrical supplier, probably used in lots of cars I would have thought.

Abit unrelated but when the intermittent wiper setting is turned on should it do a constant sweep 3 or 4 times before going to intermittent? My Sisley does this but my CLX doesn't and I was wondering if it was right or not?

Hmm, i imagine these should be obtainable at an automotive electrical supplier, probably used in lots of cars I would have thought.

Abit unrelated but when the intermittent wiper setting is turned on should it do a constant sweep 3 or 4 times before going to intermittent? My Sisley does this but my CLX doesn't and I was wondering if it was right or not?

Your Sisley does that cause in late 1987 Fiat introduced a new wiper engine (y)

Your Sisley does that cause in late 1987 Fiat introduced a new wiper engine (y)

Yep, spot on. Up to '87' the intermittent setting gives 3-4 sweeps when first turned on before settling down to the usual 1, after '87' you only get 1 sweep from the start.

Stripping the rest of the stuff from my Sisley this week Dave so will have a look for you.

Last edited:

No it shouldn't, but the 750L now does the same :D

Makes me feel special, but not so much now I no yours does it freddy. Lol.

Back