Panda 2012+ panda 4x4 2013 cabin /pollen filter plus workshop manual

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ panda 4x4 2013 cabin /pollen filter plus workshop manual

gbutcher

my son just bought a panda 4x4 2013 to replace his panda 1.1 2005 active ,have serviced but have no idea where cabin/pollen filter goes (have repaired cars for 30 years plus !!!) didn't fancy pulling half the car apart ,cant see a workshop manual anywhere online ,so the question where is the filter and where can I get some sort of workshop manual .
thanks
Gary

The cabin/pollen filter is tucked up behind the heater and it's a real pain to access on RHD cars due to the steering column.

If you get in the drivers footwell and follow the steering column down to the floor, just to the left behind the trim panel is a flap screwed to the back/side of the heater.

You need to undo the trim panel that covers it then the two screws on the flap and pull the old one out.

This sounds simple, but getting a socket on the lower screw is impossible due to the column, you really need a small ring/open ended spanner.

As you can probably guess, getting the new one in isn't straight forward either. the filter should have an arrow on it's edge to show flow direction.
Align it then squeeze it together and then try tucking it into the hole.

You need to bend it a little around the column and pedals, but it will go with a bit of faffing.

Some owners have actually disconnected the steering column at the bottom and moved to out the way. It would make the job a lot easier, but it's a lot of extra faffing in my book.

Here's a vid of one being changed on a 500.
It's the same, but as you can see this is a LHD car, so the steering column isn't in the way.

Easy or what?
Trust me, if it's a RHD car, you'll lose some knuckle skin!

Last edited:
Back