Panda 141

Currently reading:
Panda 141

fastsnail

I had a good car, (for me) a Peugeot 207 16 diesel and my gf stole it, ok I let her have it as she was crying to have her own car. And I bought myself a cheap banger, Fiat Panda 141, 1000cc, 2x4, 1993, I really wanted the 4x4 but they are twice as expensive, so I settled for the 2x4 version. Since owning it for a year or so, I changed the coil, leads, plugs, and had to recently put it into a garage to repair the front bearings and related arms and bushes. Plus the steering rack was shot and had to be refurbished, it has cost me dearly this last month and it continues to do so. Today I ripped out the in tank fuel pump and the rubber holding the pump in place, within the pump assembly, is degraded and fragmenting causing poor or stopped fuel pumping. So I am looking for a new in tank fuel pump or maybe to refurbish the old one. Luckily it also has a gas system in place so it still runs only on LPG. The interior is a mess and I intend to recover the seats with black jeans, cut up and down together to form the seat fabric. The car is back. I live in Bulgaria, but I am British, Well that's me all introduced :)

Hi there. A nuisance when they go wrong but if it was old and cheap, you just dicovered why the last owner sold it.....
I reckon it will be fine now you have done the oustanding repairs. I love the idea of using jeans for the seats. Thats properly in keeping with the ethos of the Panda 141 and it might well look great. Best of British / Bulgarian luck with your Panda.

Back