General Panda 100hp trackday at Cadwell Park

Currently reading:
General Panda 100hp trackday at Cadwell Park

rupertjamess

Hello! Totally new to this forum.

My 100hp and I will be going to the daytime session at Cadwell Park on the 7th June. Having read the posts of fellow 100hp owners who have done the same, it sounds like it's going to be a blast.

I'm writing this post in case there are any fellow 100hp owners who want to come along - a few pandas at a track day would be awesome!

Unfortunately its my youngests birthday that day or I would have been very tempted! I did a track evening at Snetterton last night which was split 50/50 dry and soaked conditions and the little Panda was awesome. Really impressed at how the brakes held up and the Uniroyal RainSport 3s were great. It took 2 hours of bashing it to 6000rpm (seemed a good point to change up) totally in its stride :)

I want to do Cadwell next - so if you enjoy it maybe next time :)

Met up with another 100HP owner who was a marshal at the track and he has done loads of laps of Snetterton in it and agreed it was great :)

Attachments

• IMAG0456 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0456 (Small).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0457 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0457 (Small).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 19
Great to hear that, sounds like you had fun! Was concerned the brakes might struggle on track, so it's good to hear they held up. Have just changed the brake fluid so hopefully that should do the job.

It would be interesting to hear how the panda compared between between wet and dry conditions on track

Snetterton is a "power circuit" and I was conscious not to try and drive like a total hoon so I think that coupled with good disks and pads enabled the brakes to last the evening. I haven't had a fluid change either.

Dry grip was immense but as the tyres got hot I felt quite a bit of squirm from them which is to be expected for road tyres on a race track. Once the rain set in though I was stunned at how I was still able to throw it into the corners with loads of speed and with loads of confidence and only noticed an issue understeering when trying to apply the power out of tighter corners - it became a game of managing the understeer at those points to maintain momentum - really good fun. Managed to overtake a Mk4 Golf who was holding me up - but mostly got overtaken everywhere that had a straight lol

Back