General Panda 100HP Prices?

Currently reading:
General Panda 100HP Prices?

Hey Guys,

I had a Panda 100HP back in December 2006, one of the first (y) but got rid after a 7 months for a Punto HGT Multijet to simply lower finance at the time and of course fuel consumption!

I am now pondering the idea of getting a brand new 100HP again but really dont want to pay the £10,560 I paid for mine back in December 06, due to having a chunk of negative finance to cross over (n)! What sorts of deals can you drive the dealer to at the moment, didnt really want to pay anything over £8000 (Standard UK spec 100HP) and how do you actaully tell/ask the dealer that, that is all your willing to pay when they slap the £10k price tag in your face straight off....

Comments gladly accepted!

Cheers

I would expect that you'd have to pay about £8k to £8.5k from a sharp dealer like the one in Coventry.

Or you could buy my 4 month old one in White for £6,895 ono (see classifieds section on this site)....

Last edited:
When you say pre reg, thats basically been sitting un-registered on the forecourt for some months?

I dont think my local dealer has any in stock at the moment so was just thinking of ordering one, are they less flexible on prices when ordered new?

cheers

Just do some research using the web and car mags to get an idea of discounts available, then try e-mailing a few of the most competitive dealers to find out their best prices (it will often depend on what stock they have as the best discounts will always be for cars they already have).

If you can demonstrate to the salesman that you already know the model you want and don't need a drive etc and have cash waiting and are ready to place a deposit for the right deal then it puts you in a strong position.

Remember some rules of bartering with dealers

1. There are lots more cars and dealers than customers

2. The first and second price the dealer gives you are never their best

3. Be polite but firm, stick to the price you want (within reason)

4. If you can't bash the price down, leave your offer open and walk. They will usually call you back within 48 hours with an offer

Good luck!

I got mine from Startins in Redditch 3 miles on the clock pre reg (10days only) metallic paint for £8.3k OTR, though about Supasaver and making dozens of phone calls to various dealers but had a life to live! and was well happy with the deal. Think you have to balance up effort vs the cost.

I got mine brand new from Perrys Portsmouth for just under £8k, and whilst they might not be the best garage to be dealing with, it was worth it for the price. If you go on their website, be sure to go into the dealership and quote the prices you saw on the website, otherwise they'll be charging you about a grand more!

Try .carpricechecker.co.uk that will give you an idea Perrys seem competetive hnest john on the telegraph also has leads to another supplier even the local dealer here seems to have one for £8500 do not pay list!

When you say pre reg, thats basically been sitting un-registered on the forecourt for some months?

Pre reg means it's already been registered to someone (usually the dealership) so you will be the 2nd owner on the V5, even if the car has only done 1 mile. It seems the dealership I got mine pre-reg'd 5 and used one as the demo and kept the other 4 is storage. Only downside is you have to wait for them to be in stock somewhere!

The main advantage for me when I bought mine was that I could have it next day as it had already been PDI'd and prepped (y)

Chris

Perrys in Southampton have load and sell them for around the 7600 mark.. Or at least they did a month ago when I almost bought one..

I've just bought one for 8.5K. It's a new car but is supposed to be a pre-reg. There is a possibility that i will be the first owner on the log book, but i'm not bothered really if i'm not.

I expect it to have hardly any miles on it.

I have been speaking to one of our friends down at Mangoletsi so hopefully can get a GOOD deal on a Black Panda 100HP pre-reg with about 200 miles or so on the clock :D

Dont really want to travel for the car so Mangoletsi (40miles) or Windsors (6miles) is the only hope for me really to get one of these again! I am abit iffy about Mangoletsi at the moment but if the deal is right they may just become my friend again ;)

I have to admit there is some strange feeling burning deep inside me of the fun I had with my 100HP and the strange feelings of why I actaully got rid of it!! :cry:

I have been speaking to one of our friends down at Mangoletsi so hopefully can get a GOOD deal on a Black Panda 100HP pre-reg with about 200 miles or so on the clock :D

Dont really want to travel for the car so Mangoletsi (40miles) or Windsors (6miles) is the only hope for me really to get one of these again! I am abit iffy about Mangoletsi at the moment but if the deal is right they may just become my friend again ;)

I have to admit there is some strange feeling burning deep inside me of the fun I had with my 100HP and the strange feelings of why I actaully got rid of it!! :cry:

I heard the black one is long gone when speaking to said friend.

So what are you doing then?

Back