Technical Panda 1.2 engine light flashes

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 1.2 engine light flashes

JohnFJ

Hi guys, I am new to the sight and looking for some advice. I was driving the wifes Panda 1.2 when the engine light started to flash and the car lost power. I turned the car off for a minute and restarted it the engine light had gone off and the power was back up, it ran fine for the rest of the journey. She says this has happened a couple of times before and the same fix, turn it of and restart and then its fine .I have plugged a code reader in but have no codes. Has anyone have any ideas? I hate these intermittent problems. Any help would be most appreciated.

If the engine light has been on or flashing a code should be logged or pending. It’s telling you something serious normally a misfire is occurring.

Is there a pattern as to when it comes on such as at idle, high revs, engine cold, engine hot, coasting, acceleration and so on.

Any service history

When was the cam belt, plugs changed

At the moment we have very little to go on.

Thanks for the replies. I have checked the battery and it is charging to 14volts, The cambelt and plugs were changed last year but just after that the coil pack failed so that was replaced as well. There seems to be no pattern when it occours, its happened to the wife on the way to work twice, she only works about 4 miles away so the engine would not be too warm by this time, it happened to me whilst I almost in Luton after driving it from Walsall. Driving home a couple of hours later there were no issues. I hope this extra info helps.

Unfortunately nothing jumps out at me as the next step

There’s probably 30 or more things it could be and very little to go on

The only slight hint is it resets with switching the engine on and off which make a lot unlikely but not impossible

Strange it’s had a recent coil pack.

What were the symptoms, was a genuine part fitted

You could try reading the code straight after it fails and before a good restart.

I have same car with exactly same problem.
Unfortunately, no codes were stored (although check engine flashed).
Change of spark plugs and coil did nothing. symptoms remain.
I start to suspect this might be c catalytic converter problem.

Then a compression check

If the lights been on or flashing a code should be present

Try disconnecting the MAP sensor and starting the car can you read the error code this produced

Back