Styling Painting Brake Calipers

Currently reading:
Styling Painting Brake Calipers

mikesteel

Does anybody have a tips on painting the brake calipers -- recommended paints etc. Also does anybody recognize these alloy wheels.Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 28
  • m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 37
I'm replacing my rear calipers this week, treating the car to a pair of refurbished units also new disks, pads and hubs. so an ideal time to paint. I have used the Foliatec Brake Caliper Lacquer before and can recommend this, as the link says preparation is the key to a good job. I have seen in halfords their own brand of caliper paint, only £6 but not sure how good it is.

Dave M

I'm replacing my rear calipers this week, treating the car to a pair of refurbished units also new disks, pads and hubs. so an ideal time to paint. I have used the Foliatec Brake Caliper Lacquer before and can recommend this, as the link says preparation is the key to a good job. I have seen in halfords their own brand of caliper paint, only £6 but not sure how good it is.

Dave M

Thanks Bentley -- I will look forward to the pics -- you guys really reply fast. Thanks
Mike

No problem Mike happy to assist.

Had a bit of a disappointment today, ordered a set of refurbished calipers on Monday, picked them up tonight, but the wrong type ordered. The calipers on my car are listed as Alfa units, the difference is that on my original calipers, the handbrake location on the rear of the caliper housing is a fabricated bracket, the type that the refurbished ones are have the handbrake location cast into the Body of the caliper. I think it would have fitted OK the handbrake cable would be routed closer to the back plate, but to be on the safe side I've sent them back.

Dave M

The joy of getting the wrong part. You pay your money, sit looking out the window for the postman. A few days pass and finally you get your hands on that great new part. Open the box and...crap this looks nothing like the one on the car. :bang:

I think this is something we all go through, sometimes a good few times.

(y)

Back