General Paint durability

Currently reading:
General Paint durability

I too hate stone chips and dread coming across a road that's just been so called "surface dressed" because you always get people in trade vehicles who don't give a toss flicking stones everywhere. Might have gone for a red Mito, but heard all the horror stories and went for yellow which is proving to be pretty good. Grey 500 Abarth in the family is still excellent after 25,000 miles. I had a red Panda 100hp and that was ok. My white 500 was hit hard by stones from a council lawnmower of all things. A lot of it is down to keeping as much distance as is sensible from any vehicle in front of you.

My 500 Abarth is carbon black and close up it is peppered in stone chips on the bonnet, more noticeable I think because it has a white undercoat. Why can't they use a black undercoat on a black car?! Luckily from a distance it's not a massive issue as the metallic effect of the paint detracts from the chips. I do have one large chip which has also dented the bonnet on the leading edge, which I'm thinking of looking at getting repaired, guess it depends how much it costs.

Back