General Paint code?

Currently reading:
General Paint code?

Bertbald

Good Morning,
Not only is this my first post it is also the first time ever using a forum so bear with me.
I have a 1962 600D and require the paint code so I can order some paint, there is no sticker or label anywhere on the car only the ID plate in the engine compartment.
I have searched google but unable to find anything specific
Can anyone help me
Thanks

Thanks for the info, i have come across this site previously, unfortunately for me the supposed locations on the car for the code have shown zero. Guess i will keep searching.
Cheers
Paolo

Thanks for the info, i have come across this site previously, unfortunately for me the supposed locations on the car for the code have shown zero. Guess i will keep searching.
Cheers
Paolo

For anyone looking for Fiat paint colors in North America, i discovered this website: https://www.automotivetouchup.com/

For example, i really wanted to find "Blu Turchese", code 419. I was able to find that paint using 1967, Fiat, All Models in the search criteria. They also sell them in aerosol cans, so touching up or testing is made easier if you dont have a paint gun.

@Bertbald maybe there is an equivalent where you are? and can order some cans to search for a match?

I had same problem I ended up having to use a code card and get some close samples available for the year made. Its hard as paint 60 year old is faided somewhat. Mine ended up 1964 sky blue. I googled fiat 600 1964 car colours and went to images.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-203349_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-203349_Chrome.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 41
I got the paint I thought it was but it was off slightly, there's so many shades it's impossible. I ended going to a local auto paint shop with my bonnet and they put their gun on it to analyse the colour. Made me spray cans at £17 and some touch up paint.
Good match and reasonable costs, its the way to go.

I am not trying to match paint, so my situation is slightly easier. But I am trying to find the right shade of blue. So far, https://www.automotivetouchup.com/ has been great. I ordered a handful of blues and a fun green in the spray can. Here are the colors and paint code numbers:
IMG_1939.jpeg

I thought I wanted 419, the turchese blu, but after seeing them in person I will be going with 413. I am glad I did this!

The green is called avocado and I truly love it but it would be just too much on the entire car.