Pages go blank and now typing input stalls when first visiting the forum.

Currently reading:
Pages go blank and now typing input stalls when first visiting the forum.

Hi all/ admin đź‘‹

I've been getting an issue when I first access the forum and click on any topic. The page loads as normal, then a few moments later I get a white screen. The page reloads again and it repeats 2/3 times then forum behaves as normal for the rest of the visit.

Also just now when I started to type in the question search (on this site help page) just to see if anyone else was having the same issue, I got to letter 3 then couldn't type another letter for about 10 seconds, then it the lag caught up repeating the last letter typed. This also repeated a couple of times.

I'm using windows 10 and firefox as a browser. It could of course be a browser issue (will try edge later) as they seem to be frequently updating it at the moment, but thus far am not getting the same issue on any other site.

Heya,

Do you know roughly when this started happening? I'll have a look and see if I made any major changes since then...
HI again,

I think it might be ad related? I dont normally have my adblocker switched on for this site (as I know the revenue is needed) but the page flashing seems to be happening at the same rate of flashing as the ad at the top of the page with the big green START button. When it goes to the Blue button version its static and doesn't pulse. I've also noticed if I click on links (watched etc) theres a momentary flash.

Anyway I switched on my adblocker temporarily and the problem stops, no white screen and no flash on links. :unsure:

I've attached a copy of the ad. Its the one with the rounded green button, there seem to be several versions one with squared green button and rounded blue button. Please feel free to delete the attachment if it copying it is an issue x Its usually at the top of the page but its down the bottom now.

Problem ad.png

Last edited:
Back