Punto (Mk1) P60 3 door

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) P60 3 door

its such a cool little car the mk1 - i bought one as a first car, a p60 s - although around then my parents split and it ended up being my mums car and i never got it, but i did drive it quite a bit. What fiat has always done best, simple, small, lightweight basic car - and it was pretty much the blueprint for all the hatchback since, it was that good!
Then I had the GT, hard to believe they are the same car underneath but a really nice car, felt so posh and comfy compared to a base model its crazy.

I'd buy this if I could, but I am 1000 miles away. I like the way Mk1s drive - they drive much better than Mk2s, because Mk2s have electric power steering like all Fiats since then, and it has absolutely no feel, even without the 'girlie button'. This car has manual steering anyway, which is great except that it is a bit low-geared so lots of wheel-twirling. Looks like an absolute beauty, and the poor sod is clearly having a lot of trouble getting rid of it because of 'timewasters', which you always get when you are trying to sell a cheap car, because no-one gives a f***.

Possibly gone already.. the white 85..

But might be a case for Palio

I've got mk1 Puntos coming out of my ears at the moment! I've got a lovely white 90ELX which is in very nice condition, then I accidentally bought the earliest mk1 Punto we know of (a met burgundy 75ELX built months before the UK launch). The early one has been having plenty of money spent over the last year even though it's 300 miles away & I haven't seen it in person (a friend is using it)...…

Then there's the Punto Sporting on the patio, patiently awaiting restoration (I bough it new) - if there's an 8 year itch it's got it, as it's been there 8 years now.....

I've got mk1 Puntos coming out of my ears at the moment! I've got a lovely white 90ELX which is in very nice condition, then I accidentally bought the earliest mk1 Punto we know of (a met burgundy 75ELX built months before the UK launch). The early one has been having plenty of money spent over the last year even though it's 300 miles away & I haven't seen it in person (a friend is using it)...…

Then there's the Punto Sporting on the patio, patiently awaiting restoration (I bough it new) - if there's an 8 year itch it's got it, as it's been there 8 years now.....

I might come to you in a bit then when I’m in a better position and fancy a Mk1 :)

Back