General P0105 help,

Currently reading:
General P0105 help,

Sheerness

Fiat Stilo 1.6 16V 02 Plate
Hi Friends

my car developed this p0105 issue last week and the mill light come on and there was no power when pressing the gas pedal, got my other half to bring my laptop to clear the code which worked, :D

today on my way home i called in to tesco as one does and as i was parking the mil light up and car done high and low revs unresponsive to pressing the gas peddle and completely died, :bang:

since this happened to me last week i have been bringing my laptop with me incase this happens again, and today it did, run the multiescan and the error p0105 Pressure Sensor, i was clicking to clear the fault code but would not go away :mad:, after the 10th attempt to getting the car idling and clearing the fault the problem went away, :D

so the issue will keep coming back now, this is the 2nd time in 8 days, any advice on fixing this would be gr8 but i don't know where this sensor is and on what to do when i find it? please help me friends

Kind Regards
Dom.....

google p0105 learn about the sensor .
go to an online car parts supplier and type in your registration plate number.
find the sensor. or try ebay .
find a picture of the sensor .
find where it is on your car.
buy a new sensor and swap it over.

where do you have your car serviced?

thank you for your reply,

my car had a full service April 2017.... was a garage we have used for many years not fiat, but moved about 300 miles away now so not practical, to take it back there
I did notice on the multiescan that the car was running rich before the service, (thats what prompted me to have a service) but when the service was done the scan still said the same) :confused:

Kind Regards
Dom.....

Last edited:
google p0105 learn about the sensor. only can find info on other fiat models not mine
go to an online car parts supplier and type in your registration plate number. done that but not sure it the correct one
find the sensor. or try ebay . want to make sure its the correct one and it is this sensor that is the issue,
find a picture of the sensor . been looking for it but not finding one for my model
find where it is on your car. thats why i am asking here for help
buy a new sensor and swap it over.

Last edited:
Which readings told you it was running rich?
Wow that was quite a move, very brave.
In the downloads section there may be a manual for your car, Have a look.
If not consider a Haynes manual they are a good start for learning how to do it yourself.
Best wishes.
Jack

thats why i am asking here for help
You should get one on Ebay (but do check it's the correct one for your car..)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&selfil=2%2C3%2C1%2C9%2C8&mvsub=1&_mcatda=true&selvel=Fiat%7EStilo%7E2003%7E192%2520%255B2001-2006%255D%2520Hatchback%7E1.6%252016V&_nkw=pressure%20sensor%20Fiat%20Stilo%202003%20192%201.6%2016V

I don't have a Stilo, but the sensor will be on the manifold area somewhere and very easy to find.
Attached is a generic Ebay image of that Fiat sensor:

Attachments

• stilo.jpg
    stilo.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 149
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Post an image of your engine and I will attempt to describe where the MAP sensor is, you can then check it's electrical plug is correctly attached.

hi guys i have found out where is sensor is and have taken it out and give it a clean, (was looking a tad grubby) i am having trouble finding this part,
glenn2602 thank you for that link, this looks the spit of mine but i cant seem to get the numbers to match up, this is what i have stamped on mine
T-PRT05/A
100 kPa
C146

Will that item on the link be ok for me? it looks the same even the blue band/seal are the same,

thank for all your help so far friends,

Kind Regards
Dom.....

Will that item on the link be ok for me? it looks the same even the blue band/seal are the same,
If you look on Ebay, then on the relevant page where the item is it will say 'See compatible vehicles'.

Click that link and enter your car details. If it isn't compatible with your car it'll say so in red letters.

The serial numbers may not match up simply because the unit is made by a different manufacturer.
You can try (search..) https://www.micksgarage.com
also
https://www.gsfcarparts.com/

It's likely that you'll find a sensor there, though they are likely to be twice the price (probably more..) than what you'll get on Ebay. There's 2 qualities: Premium and Budget.

3 images attached:

Attachments

• stilo1.png
    stilo1.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 31
  • stilo2.png
    stilo2.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 27
  • stilo3.png
    stilo3.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: