General Our new 100HP

Currently reading:
General Our new 100HP

Olympian

Hi guys and gals, and greetings from Switzerland!

Thought you might like to see our new 100 HP, soon to be fitted with snow tyres...!

Cheers

Attachments

• Copy of Thomas 20.10.10 001.jpg
    Copy of Thomas 20.10.10 001.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 205
  • Copy of Thomas 20.10.10 006.jpg
    Copy of Thomas 20.10.10 006.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 268
Hi - no climate - "normal" air con is standard in Europe with climate being an extra. So long as the dials set properly it does the same job, so didn't bother paying extra...

The small number plate is standard issue in Switzerland. The winter tyres supplied by Fiat dealers in Switzerland for the 100HP are mounted on steel wheels as apparently there are no suitable alloy/winter tyre matches. The spec is: PANDA SPORT 100HP5 1/2 x 14 - 32185/55R1451780521 Bridgestone

I love the look of the red ones when they are brand new, I'm the one with the small number plate on the front of my 100HP but it it illegal in the UK, you get metal plates as well, it looks great. (y)

Can you tell us what a set of wheels and winter tyres costs, please? Unfortunately - from our viewpoint - the Swiss franc has appreciated against the pound in the last 18 months but demand might mean that the price is not exorbitant and at least you know that the specification is correct.

Like the car by the way (pity about the colour).

Sure - the cost of tyres, mounted on steel wheels is CHF 750, including fitting. That's FIAT main dealer price though - sure the independent tyre fitter could do a better deal but my language skills not quite up to that sort of haggle yet...

At today's exchange rate that works out at £495.

How are the winter tyres and wheels going? I'm looking to fit the same wheels this winter. I believe they are 14" Doblo steel rims, do they clear the brakes ok?

Doblo steel and alloy wheels are 4 stud prior to face lift! Steel wheel part number is 51780521 fitment confirmed by my Fiat dealer, its a 5 1/2J x14 ET32 - the same size as specified in the 100HP handbook for winter wheel size. I just want to know if they clear the brakes. I will be trying at the dealer this afternoon.

Back