other members motors

Currently reading:
other members motors

rich hemmings

ok with the other thread going off the rails a a bit , i thought WE should all cast a vote to see how we all feel about having a small section for members to discuss about other cars (they may have or if a friend or member of thier faimly wants soem advice about thier car)

i know this is a fiat forum, but i thhink it is unfair for memebrs who have been loyall to this forum for years, to sell thier car and not been able to find another sutible forum to go onto and discuss problems about their (NEW) car

thanks

rich

Sorry voted no. there is nothing stopping anyone showing or talking about their pride and joys in the leisure lounge, or even in the members motors section, but as for having a section to discuss other car problems IMO is going to far and will lose the Fiat Forum 'feel' it will be more like a general car forum, and there are plenty of car clubs around.

Steve

The fiat ford honda suzuki vauxhall citroen peugeot renault nissan (you get the picture) forum...for all things fiat ford honda suzuki vauxhall citroen peugeot renault nissan :D Like mentioned earlier, would weaken the main purpose of the forum taking away the emphasis of Fiats.

steve1219 said:
Sorry voted no. there is nothing stopping anyone showing or talking about their pride and joys in the leisure lounge, or even in the members motors section, but as for having a section to discuss other car problems IMO is going to far and will lose the Fiat Forum 'feel' it will be more like a general car forum, and there are plenty of car clubs around.

Steve

yes but you say that, but when posting in the LL the threads and posts just go OFF THE RAILS.

and there are a lot of car clubs that just don't have that many members so you really never get the awsners you are looking for!

i am prity sure that if there where a team of mods (may be around 6-8) keeping any eye on this section then it would MAY JUST WELL WORK, and maybe pepole who continue to post junk threads or posts could be frose from using that section!

thanks

rich

rich hemmings said:
yes but you say that, but when posting in the LL the threads and posts just go OFF THE RAILS.

and there are a lot of car clubs that just don't have that many members so you really never get the awsners you are looking for!

i am prity sure that if there where a team of mods (may be around 6-8) keeping any eye on this section then it would MAY JUST WELL WORK, and maybe pepole who continue to post junk threads or posts could be frose from using that section!

thanks

rich

Just to run one section :confused: must be expecting a lot of problems:p :D

Steve

If this section was to go ahead, there will NOT be 6-8 mods allocated to it - administrators and supermods will keep an eye on it for starters, I would have thought, and maybe a dedicated moderator if warranted.

I voted yes, as long as it is a small section which form what a couple of mods said yesterday would be the case anyway so a simple yes and no poll would have covered it ;)

KoArAnG said:
I voted yes, as long as it is a small section which form what a couple of mods said yesterday would be the case anyway so a simple yes and no poll would have covered it ;)

oh well i just wanted to know what pepole really thought of the idea thats all

rich

Stuart DemonD said:
If this section was to go ahead, there will NOT be 6-8 mods allocated to it - administrators and supermods will keep an eye on it for starters, I would have thought, and maybe a dedicated moderator if warranted.

ok that sounds ok, i just didnt know how many mods or in a case who would be running it!

thanks

rich

Charles%20De%20Gaulle.jpg

non

i dont see the point, i would of thought members motor would of been open for all cars, the topic title will give an indication of whether to view the topic or not

gaz_wrexham said:
i dont see the point, i would of thought members motor would of been open for all cars, the topic title will give an indication of whether to view the topic or not
But there's nowhere specific to feel at home :cry:

KoArAnG said:
But there's nowhere specific to feel at home :cry:

i dont want to sound like an ass, but there will be better forums to discuss your motors on, i.e more specific ones :eek:

thinking of it, a small section wouldnt do any harm :chin:, i was thinking more along the lines of members just wanting to show them off, but there is no where to discuss them other than lesuire lounge which they may get lost in

gaz_wrexham said:
i dont want to sound like an ass, but there will be better forums to discuss your motors on, i.e more specific ones :eek:

thinking of it, a small section wouldnt do any harm :chin:, i was thinking more along the lines of members just wanting to show them off, but there is no where to discuss them other than lesuire lounge which they may get lost in
:D (y) :worship:

The forum has survived as long as I have been on here without a specific area for non fiat cars and the other car owners have survived and continued to come to the forum. WHY the sudden interest in opening up to other makes:confused: :confused: .

Steve

steve1219 said:
The forum has survived as long as I have been on here without a specific area for non fiat cars and the other car owners have survived and continued to come to the forum. WHY the sudden interest in opening up to other makes:confused: :confused: .

Steve

:yeahthat: I have met here on line some great poeple but my decision still stands FIAT FORUM is for FIATS :)

Stuart DemonD said:
Well, as per the other thread on this same subject, I think another section would be a good idea - we have a few key members now who own non-FIATs.

There are also other members who own more than just Fiats - Steve for example, was talking of buying a Lada, he owns an Alfa....................

Back