other members motors

Currently reading:
other members motors

rich hemmings

i know that this is a fiat forum, but some of the members may have other cars that thet want to show off to us.
So i thought it would be nice to have a section the forum for this, maybe one section for all different car makes, problems and a gallery so who ever uses this part of the forum can show off their cars in style!

I know you lot will SAY NO but i thought it was just a suegestion!

thanks

Rich

I got a PC problem right now :cry: Gonna have to use LL ain't I!

Hellcat said:
Well this seems to be going a little OT...

I would support having a 'other makes' thread. I doubt it would take over the forum and as for it being dead - well we still have a Tempra section... :p

I recently forced my friend to sign up - He's an ex punto owner, now got a Clio. I wouldn't take offence if he, or any other members wanted to ask about their non fiat car. Especially since I got stuck trying to fix the lights on another clio and couldn't find any help on other forums. I bet someone here would have been able to help.

As for a computer section I don't see the problem with having one. We all use a computer to get on the forum so its just as big a part of the forum as owning a Fiat!

Maybe have both as a "Life outside of Fiats" covering other cars, computer problems..I dunno.

But the other car makes part is a deffinite (y) from me.

now somehone is seeing that idea i had in the first place!!!!

that seems really good!!!

rich hemmings said:
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha so funny i forgot to laugh at it!!!!!!!!!

I dont laugh either when i have to stuff tablet in myself for the rest of my life thats not funny at all :mad:

I would like to see a section for other makes of car, not sure why though :rolleyes:

I think it would be good to keep those long standing members hanging around and not straying to other forums if for some weird reason they don't have a fiat any longer.

I mean where would I post if I just wanted to ask a question about a ford or general car related stuff. I couldn't post in the Stilo section anymore :cry: The LL just don't feel official enough, most threads get spammed and topics go all over the place. It would be great to have somewhere to ask serious questions and I think it would show the forum to be a more welcoming place. Being Fiat only isn't that a little discriminating :D ;)

Last edited:
KoArAnG said:
I would like to see a section for other makes of car, not sure why though :rolleyes:

I think it would be good to keep those long standing members hanging around and not straying to other forums if for some weird reason they don't have a fiat any longer.

I mean where would I post if I just wanted to ask a question about a ford or general car related stuff. I couldn't post in the Stilo section anymore :cry: The LL just don't feel official enough, most threads get spammed and topics go all over the place. It would be great to have somewhere to ask serious questions and I think it would show the forum to be a more welcoming place. Being Fiat only isn't that a little discriminating :D ;)

thankyou god somebody actully agrees with me on the subject in hand!!!!

thankyou very much!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I agree with u m8, why should we loose the members who have been members for a long time if they aint got a Fiat no more, i have serched throught the web to find other car foums and can't find any (propper ones!) at all!

thanks

rich

IMO there should not be a section for other cars, why? this is a FIAT forum for discussion of things Fiat.
Nothing to stop anyone joining or staying with the forum now for chat, friendship or showing their motors etc but if technical support is wanted join the owners club.

Steve

steve1219 said:
IMO there should not be a section for other cars, why? this is a FIAT forum for discussion of things Fiat.
Nothing to stop anyone joining or staying with the forum now for chat, friendship or showing their motors etc but if technical support is wanted join the owners club.

Steve

yeah but just say that mr X knew that this was a good site, however, mr x owned a yugo and knew that this would be the only place to get good advice on it.

It would be good to see a section labelled : other manufactuers/talk

steve1219 said:

Steve
I for one don't wanna join another forum, there's too much bickering in most other online communities and a lot of childish behaviour. Despite what some may think I don't actually like that sort of stuff :)

I don't think it's asking too much for members who have been loyal to the forum and helped other members out to have one section where they can happily talk about their cars and ask for help without feeling like they shouldn't be doing it on this forum.

Just a little section at the bottom of the main page, titled "All other cars" or something similar :worship: ...

I wanted to buy another Fiat this time around, purely because I wanted to carry on feeling like I belonged here, but there was nothing that I wanted, the closest I came to it was the Alfa GT which being Fiat group would have at least made me feel better about being here.

rich hemmings said:
thankyou god somebody actully agrees with me on the subject in hand!!!!

thankyou very much!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
There's quite a few people that agree with you about this :confused:

Ive seen loads of threads lately in LL about other cars, so the members of this Fiat forum are interested about other cars or have problems that could be answered here... without joining another forum. Im a member of the Briskoda forum aswell as this but guess which site I visit the most? :rolleyes: lol.

It would be good to have a place just to discuss about non-Fiats aswell; ive wanted to start new threads in LL, about decent cars that have been released but, I dunno...ive thought that some people might not be arsed about it who visit the LL. A designated area would be better :)

I think people in the leisure lounge would be the only ones that would be interested over
half the members do not go outside their car area as it is :(

Steve

steve1219 said:
I think people in the leisure lounge would be the only ones that would be interested over
half the members do not go outside their car area as it is :(

Steve
Yeah but that shouldn't mean we should be limited to the LL either if that makes sense :confused:

Dave, I notice that you contribute to sections all over the forum even though you no longer have your Fiat. I feel I would be more inclined to do the same once my car has gone. But I would imagine you kind of stand back as far as talking about your own car, I know you must want to because it's a cracking car but there's just nowhere to do it without feeling awkward.

If we do get a none Fiat section I would imagine the main worry for Ben would be the possibility of people using it as an excuse to run down Fiats and genrally cause arguments over the forum. As far as I am concerned that won't be the case because for one most people that would use it are gonna be ex fiat owners who have a lot of love for the brand.

Surely it can't hurt to give it a shot, if it causes problems then close it down :)

quite right mabye we should have quite a few moderators for this section, and as a lot of pepole say it is causes problems then shut it down,i think it would make a lot of difference, as some pepoel may not want to post about their cars in the LL!

KoArAnG said:
Dave, I notice that you contribute to sections all over the forum even though you no longer have your Fiat. I feel I would be more inclined to do the same once my car has gone. But I would imagine you kind of stand back as far as talking about your own car, I know you must want to because it's a cracking car but there's just nowhere to do it without feeling awkward.
Spot on there.

KoArAnG said:
If we do get a none Fiat section I would imagine the main worry for Ben would be the possibility of people using it as an excuse to run down Fiats and genrally cause arguments over the forum. As far as I am concerned that won't be the case because for one most people that would use it are gonna be ex fiat owners who have a lot of love for the brand.

Surely it can't hurt to give it a shot, if it causes problems then close it down :)
(y)

I don't think people who sign on to FF and get on with everyone on it would start bad-mouthing Fiats. If it did happen im sure moderators would take the right action.

wolfracepunto said:
Spot on there.

(y)

I don't think people who sign on to FF and get on with everyone on it would start bad-mouthing Fiats. If it did happen im sure moderators would take the right action.

here here quite right!

I personally agree with a have a small section for other cars BUT it would have to be one small section for everything, not split up like the punto/bravo/stilo sections just one header with everything on it.

LL is full of other cars threads and the coupe forum has this section and i know it works quite well.

Yes this is a fiat forum and it wouldnt be anything else.

I know a few are concerned in case this grew then just turned into a car forum, having any riff raff in but i for one wouldn't let it happen.

If i hadn't seen this section on the coupe forum i wouldnt have thought it was a good idea but i have seen it and it works.

There you go, we have backing from a very well respected Fiat Forum mod now :)

Like you say Sammi, it just needs to be kept as a small section for all other cars. One link of the main page will do it.

Ooooh I'm all excited now :D

Back