OT - Mobile Phone Deals

Currently reading:
OT - Mobile Phone Deals

G

Garry

Hey all,

I'm due to upgrade and I was just wondering if anyone had came accross any special deals lately? I'm having trouble finding a phone I like more than my N95 at the moment.

Cheers!

Gaz

457535096_8da3f5820d.jpg

gotta agree with Roberto on this one :)

Thats the one i'm holding out for!

had n95,n96,n85...nothing better at present

And you can hack em silly :)

Ade

The N97 looks pretty smart. An iPhone beater do you think? I'm hoping to be paying around £30 mark for a decent-ish phone so the N97 may be too much for the time being. Is the N96 much more advance than the N95?

457535096_8da3f5820d.jpg

i had n96 less than 2 weeks sent back and got n85 instead much faster phone :) n96 too bulky and weighty for me, and battery is crap!

iPhone all the way :)

The new model is out or due out pretty soon

I'm not into these touch screen phones, more for girls if you ask me lol.

Whats the best non touch screen phone at the minute?? My contract is up for renewal in august but I don't think I'll better my N95.

Actually, I'll get the new phone, sell it and keep my N95. lol.

I Too have a nokia n95 and have been reluctant to shange it as in the current market theres nothing that ive really taken a fancy too.
Im considering a new i phone but with  the contract prices being so silly its looking like i may have to plump for the n97

Ah, yes. iPhone. Doing now what other mobiles were doing 3 years ago! And not doing it as well by all accounts! ;)

If the N97 is too pricey, the Nokia 5800 is a cool little phone. Touch screen and they also have "Comes With Music" built in, which gives you unlimited music downloads for a year.

The N86 8MP is also due out soon with spangly 8 mega pixel camera, if that floats your boat.

As Ade says, steer well clear of the N96. A poor interim stop gap phone that really falls short.

The Nokia's all have far superior call quality, cameras (both still & video) & GPS. Apple are bigging up their new voice control feature, something we've been able to do in Nokia world for nearly 7 years! Ovi Store is the new and ever expanding Nokia apps shop and you also have the N-Gage app built in for superior gaming. A music player and built in RDS FM radio and an entirely stable PC sync facility. With Nokia (now Ovi) Maps, you can create your routes online then sync with your device. Sharing photos, videos and audio is seamless with Ovi Share and Files With Ovi allows you to access your computer files at home directly from your mobile device anytime of the day, from anywhere in the world. Dedicated native YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Google apps as well as user controlled GPS tracking back to your PC or web widget. Accelerometer for motion control and a dedicated BBC iPlayer app.

The iPhone, even in it's latest incarnation (how many times have they updated that thing and still charged people for the privilege??), does what it does VERY well, but it doesn't do half the stuff others can do. Don't be fooled by the swish adverts either. Apple have had their knuckles rapped by many advertising standards agencies due to their totally misleading nature.

And once the battery eventually dies on that thing, that's it. You throw it away. I have Nokia's that are 10 years old and still going strong :)

Rob
Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

i have just had that dilemma about what phone to go for and i finally settled on this

http://uk.blackberry.com/devices/blackberrycurve8900/

it doesn't come with a touch screen so no problems there
you get unlimited emails and msn or similar depending on what u use all included and also free internet usage
i managed to get the phone on upgrade and a really good monthly price to
i also get 600 mins any network and 500 texts and unlimited internet usage plus orange maps all for £24.64 a month

ANDY

02 marea weekend 100sx
current mileage: 43500
status: running great now its been retimed after the inlet cam was a tooth out :)
Bigger is
much better
newsig3.jpg

mods so far:
16" Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo Alloys In Black
factory fit full set of marea mats
Clear Side Repeaters
INXX Bonnet Lifters
Induction kit
Marea ELX/HLX Rear Curtesy Lights
Poly headlights with HIDS & light covers
Sony head unit and working marea steering wheel controls
front fog light switch strip
previously known as: andy_brava_elx

Did have a symbian phone for 12month (Sony W880i) and was very very impressed. However, the iPhone really has left it for dead.

Granted you are limited to the apple store for apps but there are loads! There are a few things missing like video and zoom on the camers but I rarely used these things anyway.

Hands down it beats my last phone (had for 3 months now)

I ditched my contract with o2 and moved to Orange in January and had a Samsung Pixon. This is by far and away the best phone I have owned. It's camera is really good and isn't far off in terms of quality to my 8mp Sony digital camera. The battery life is good, it has GPS/Sat Nav and is fairly easy to use. It might be worth considering as an option....

well it look like we all have upgrade time together.

Have a Blackberry Curve and I love it - cos i can go on the net and get e-mails.

BUT....

most phones do this now just as well.

I like the iphone but hate touch screens!

I had a Nokia N70 & it put me off N-series phones for life... so far.

6500 slide was a great phone but no internet or e-mail.

WHAT DO I DO!!!???

Need internet, e-mail & use the phone as a modem on my laptop.

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

re

I had this Dilema and managed to get a HTC Touch Pro,

its windows mobile based, but restart it often enough and dont get any problems!

the net/email is more down to the tariff than the phone, you can use the HTC as a gprs/dialup modem plugged into a laptop, has wifi etc, has qwerty keyboard which tbh i use a lot more than touch screen.

love it!